Best headphones at 200$ or less for "serious gamers"?

This sounds similar to the whole issue with iSine 10/20 needing the Cipher cable, kind of a bummer that Audeze makes such high quality products that get hamstrung by DSP type issues. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t try to make wired better for Mobius, it’s billed as a gaming HP so many people would want solid wired setup for that.

I mean just grab a lcd 1 at that point imo. To be honest any of the lcd 2 and above lacks for competitive gaming with it’s 3 blob imaging. Good for fun though for sure

The important thing to remember here actually is that this whole hobby is subjective to an extent. The Audeze may be more to your liking, I don’t know. That is up for you to decide. :wink:
And M0N is way more experienced than any of us here I think.

Yeah for sure, there’s always a subjective side. But if multiple experienced users can tell a big difference between wired and wireless I feel like I’d lump that in a product bug of sorts rather than pure subjective taste. Someone may come along who still loves wired mode there, but the point of discussing these things is to try to gain a rough idea of objective properties within reason. At least for me, I want to know if there’s a good chance I’ll be disappointed from a purchase like this for this kind of reason.

1 Like

Subjectivily it may be fine but for this individuals purposes it’s innately flawed unfortunately and there are better options within budget

1 Like

From what I’ve read, V-Moda M100’s aren’t complete crap and won’t be difficult to drive without an amp (I think). I used to game with my Sony MDR1AM2’s and they performed admirably well. I’m primarily a FPS player and the imaging/soundstage was pretty good. Then again, I’m not that serious of a gamer.