Best Headset for Tarkov and Hunt

So I’m using the Steel Series Artic 7 Wireless now. I have some hearing damage aka tinnitus for hearing too many bangs in real life.

I need something with better directional sound, I believe it’s called imaging.

Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res 130dB 32bit/384kHz Gaming DAC, External USB Sound Card with Xamp Headphone Amp, Dolby Digital, 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound - I am thinking of pairing whatever headset with this for the Scout mode.

So I have read a ton of Reddit and Hifi recommendations but let’s say I am overwhelmed. I haven’t narrowed down the list of headsets to get but I have a few choices I am more than open to suggestions from a more proficient practitioner of Audiophile.

AKG Pro Audio K702 Over-Ear, Open-Back, Flat-Wire, Reference Studio Headphones

beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R Gaming Headset

Budget around 250-300 for the headset not counting the g6 and the standalone mic I’ll be buying. I’m just overwhelmed. I have about 70 tabs open right now and I know only the basics, if you ask me about DB and Tone for a suppressor in real life I got that, but this is magic to me. Please help a pleb old Tarkov player out.

The Audeze Maxwell sounds amazing and is wireless. If you want music and gaming that is the way to go.

Only games, Im a basic nerd and just do Bose wireless for music. I rarely listen to music.

Honest the audeze Maxwell is awesome for gaming and has a mic. Do you use iems or just want overears?

I just want the best imagining that I can afford, or the Maxwell an upgrade from my current Steelseris Artic wireless? Im having trouble with hearing sounds my buddies hear in Tarkov.

100$ amp + t60rp’s. I have tinnitus myself. no issues with making everything out with the t60rp’s. i use them exclusively for FPS gaming. I have better headphones i listen to music with, but they don’t rock FPS titles like the t60rp’s do.

But the king of imaging for FPS titles in the budget realm, are the dt880’s 600ohm. not the widest soundstage, but man oh man is it precise. and has much better up and down imaging then the t60rp’s. i just have a large dome and the pads are not that comfortable to me because of it. 100$ amp will drive it just fine.

Both headphones can be had in the 150$ range new on sale. I got my dt880’s for 130$ and the t60rp’s for 120$ gently used.

Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res 130dB 32bit/384kHz Gaming DAC, External USB Sound Card with Xamp Headphone Amp, Dolby Digital, 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound -

What do you think of this amp, the scout feature I think might help me.

its solid for easy to drive things. i have 1 attached to the wifes laptop. that + tygr is a win. it will drive the t60rp’s, just not very well. the dt880’s i didnt try as it doesnt do much into 600ohms.

edit: The Audeze maxwell’s people mentioned are really good as well. 1 stop shop, no dac/amp needed. Sony bought Audeze because of the Maxwell’s. Says a lot.

Honest a dongle dac might sound better and be better for the same price. I have a ibasso dc04 and love it. I owned the g6 has it sounded bad. It measures very poorly. I can’t recommend you enough to run from it.

If you can stretch a jds labs atom woukd be x1000 times better if you need the power.

Ahhh a fellow Tarkov player…You must really hate yourself also… :rofl: :rofl:…It is such an amazing game when it is working right…I used a magni/modi stack for a while with my 6xx prior to upgrading and it worked really well with Tarkov…You know as well as I do sound plays a huge role in Tarkov…I have since upgraded I still use my 6xx for gaming, but use my Elex for Tarkov…The Schiit stack wouldn’t disappoint.

I went with
the dt880’s 600ohm but Im confused on the AMPs what I need to power it and how to connect the AMp to my PC to get sound?

I found this but it says 600 ohm but I dont know if it is good. Amazon.com

I see you talk about 7.1 a few times. If you weren’t aware, Hunt showdown and I’m pretty sure Tarkov too, use binaural audio, so you are best served with a quality stereo headphone/set.

I myself use the beyerdynamic MMX-300. But with tinitis you are probably better served with an open back set.

In hunt it works very well for me, but to be honest Tarkov sound still pretty much sucks. But that’s Tarkov itself really.

Eventually sound is so personal, nobody really an make the choice for you.
Check the website of your headphone vendor to see if you can return them after you tried them. Then just buy 2 or 3 and pick the best one for you.

Welcome to the forum @usbStuck!! It is an awesome community with a lot of knowledgeable and good people…

This right here: but to be honest Tarkov sound still pretty much sucks. But that’s Tarkov itself really. I got a good chuckle out of it because it is the truth…When Tarkov is good it is an amazing game, but when it is bad it is bad…I am hoping when they switch over to the new engine it fixes some of the problems if not all, but I don’t have that much faith in Nikita. I have played Tarkov since the beginning.

1 Like