Best iem for around 1500$

Hey so im thinking of getting a iem in the 1500$ class.
I have the meze rai but would like something whit more bass. Any ideas?

From my limited experience, buying used in the 1000-1500 price range lands you with what are pretty much TOTL IEMs. I would expand your search to used stuff as well.

I’m no expert and both of the ones I have are relatively niche and not super easy to find (Earsonics Grace and Jomo Flamenco). I think a used QDC Anole VX for about $1400 is likely a safe bet though. Or a used IER-Z1R for about $1200. Both come very highly recommended pretty much universally. For bass cannons you’d have to look at reviews.

Crinacles list is an ok reference for overall qualities, but there’s definitely some inconsistencies in the rankings according to people who know more than I do. You should be pretty safe choosing anything from the B+ range up though imo that doesn’t state that it has anemic bass.

1 Like

I haven’t heard the Meze Rai, but I have heard the Sony IER-Z1R and those are great sounding and for a lot of people end-game level. Only issue is their fit so if you have small ears, probably not the best way to go unless you can get custom tips. They take a bit to get used to so if you don’t like the initial fit, it does get better and I was able to wear it for a while. IER-Z1R new is $1700 though, custom tips can be $150 if you decide to go that route and which company you get tips through.

The Unique Melody MEST could be a great option as well, but I haven’t heard them personally. I heard their Unique Melody Mason V3 or V3+ a couple years ago and was impressed by it’s sound and not a lot of IEMs impress me in terms of sound. They have custom and universal versions of the MEST and whichever you choose is up to you. There is also the Campfire Audio Atlas, but I personally wasn’t impressed by it, but there are people who want that particular sound. I personally preferred the Campfire Audio Vega over the Atlas.

Another vote for the Sony IER-Z1R.

So is it way better then the solaris?

So im from sweden the z1r is around 2300 here and i can get the solaris for around 1300 is it worth it?

UM MEST JP version. Can’t really go wrong with Sony IER Z1R besides fit. SQ is fantastic. Both sets around your range.

Hey Chris, you tried the ROTW MEST version yet…why’d they fuck with the tuning :woozy_face:

I will have it this Saturday (2 days) . Not sure? they have a big market in Japan and often do alternates for JP. Some of the names are different iirc on other sets. I’ll sus out what’s up in a couple days.

4 Likes

Cool nice one :+1:

One more vote for the IER - Z1R

1 Like

I am not too familiar with international shipping, but can you buy it from another country where it is cheaper and have higher shipping costs shipping that to Sweden?

Yes ill could but then u have to pay taxes and customs.