Best WiFi mesh?

Ubiquiti Access points are pretty nice, and good bang for the buck; but I’m not a fan of any of their core hardware.

The only mesh I’ve ever played around with was ASUS’ AiMesh built into their routers (three RT-AC68U’s in this case) actually worked pretty well when we were playing around with it, but that was more for shits and giggles.

when you say ‘core hardware’, do you mean their router / gateways or switches or…?

Yes, switches and routers, not a fan.

how come? not a fan of how hot they get, but they work and you can’t really complain about their cost.

Now many routers are not reliable. Even new powerful models may not help you. It is better to contact those guys who connected the Internet to you. My uncle had a case when the Internet was working slowly at home and he decided to try to restart the router, but it didn’t help. Then he told me about his problem and I asked him, turned to the employees who installed the Internet for him. They came and changed his router, but it didn’t get any better. Then I decided to go to https://192-168-1-1ip.mobi/192-168-1-254/ and see the settings. It turned out that the system was not fully configured. Now everything works fine for my uncle.

Lack of management without internet or a controller for the switches.

I played with a UDM Pro a little bit at one point and didn’t think it was worth the money vs my Untangle router.

I’m not saying they’re bad (except for the USG, that thing is awful), I’m just not a fan.