šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

Figured that much, just didnā€™t know the difference on sound.

Iā€™m waiting on an RCA switcher to A/B with the D30 (should be here early next week). Iā€™ll let you know then if I can really tell a difference. Switching from the D30 to E30 without going back to the D30 at all, I didnā€™t notice any crazy differences.

Would definitely appreciate that. Thank you. So I think I will be fine with just the E30 I donā€™t really see a big reason to upgrade speaking for myself personally. I donā€™t plan to record or anything like thatā€¦ just general music and gaming. So that just boils down to actually getting the headphones and picking up the amps. Going to keep a very close eye on markets for a while hope like hell I can find what I am looking for.

In regards to the Asgard 3: good luck finding a used one at a discounted price. I watched for that for about a month, and nothing. No one seems to want to sell them. Which means they probably are as good of value as people are saying (me included).

yeah no kidding. Not finding anything on them. To be fair I do have until December I am pretty patient on it I just would rather not wait 7 months

If you can wait that long, Iā€™d try to hang on for the Black Friday and related sales.

Yeah, I can definitely hold out if need be till then. Just would rather not. Do what I gotta do to save money to place in other spots though. I love the headphones but not for almost $700

Are the earpads between dt 770, 880, 990, 1770 and 1990 interchangeable?

yes and no. Most of work with/on the other ones.

Check out the dekoni homepage. There you can see better what works. On the Beserdynamic homepage, it is a bit misleading

1 Like

I found this https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-hybrid-earpads-for-beyerdynamic-dt-series-headphones-and-amiron-also-fits-t5-and-many-more/ It seems they are interchangeable!

1 Like

I just know about my Dekoni Elite Velours Pads - they are recommended for the DT 1990 Pro, but not recommended for our 770 Pro Beyers.

so M0N, im curious what your day to day tracking, mixing, mastering phones are for reference. I produce music, i have the DT770 80 ohm and 250 ohm, AT M40X, and Sony MDR7506ā€¦

1 Like

So I only do mastering (and itā€™s not for music most of the time), but itā€™s mainly done with the rotation of the following headphones: warwick aperio (everything check lol), focal clear (more reasonable neutral reference with custom sonarworks reference 4 profile), adx5000 (timbre and naturalness check), d8000 pro (high volume and impact check), and other headphones depending on the project

For amps I use, itā€™s, mainly a concert fidelity charisma XHP-7, hooked up to a lavry quintessence

1 Like

hmm? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the dt 1990 didnā€™t respond all too well to a seperate pad swap outside of velours? Rather curious if theres ways to improve it through pad swapping if so definitely fill me in.

ahh thank you for the reply, i have 3 sets of monitors, but being in an apartment its hard to get volume, ive been eyeing the 1990ā€™s cuz i dig the house sound but obviously havenā€™t heard, my translation just hasnā€™t been the best

1 Like

1990 is pretty great with the analytical pads imo, would be very nice, and itā€™s not super amp picky either so you could grab a asgard 3 and just hook it up to your main dac imo

Also what monitors are you using currently?

You already have some pretty solid headphones, I think if you wanted to set up a cheaper headphone rotation, the 1990 for your forward main mixing and also error checking, then perhaps grab an r70x for a different type of neutral and also a bit more natural sound than the 1990 imo

What material are you working on?

Mackie MR624ā€™s, JBL 305ā€™s, Kali LP-6ā€™s for monitors

I just picked up the Monoprice Desktop, Portable and USB DAC, Focusrite for ins and outs (guitar, synths,vocals etcā€¦) im basically going all in on headphones right now

will check out the Audio Technicas thank you

Im all over the place music wise, electronic to vocals with guitar, i would link my Tidal but i donā€™t wanna be tacky

Gotcha, then the 1990s would be very solid. The r70x is great for organic music but can fall behind for electronic or something too fast paced. The audeze lcd 1 is also most likely worth a look too

Sweet man thanks for the knowledge, oh Sundaras? never tried a Planar

Sundaras are real nice, pretty neutral and could be used for production, although it might not be forward enough and also I might personally might prefer the lcd 1 for studio and the sundara for casual listening

1 Like