Beyerdynamic Free BYRD!

I’m pretty excited to have these in hand now. So far I just opened them up and have them charging. I’m happy to say they immediately tried to pair with my Samsung phone so won’t be any issues there. I’ll also download the app they recommend. I plan on doing a full review/impression of these and posting them to my YT channel. I’ll update this thread as well after I get to listen to them for initial thoughts.
My only other earbuds I own are the Samsung Galaxy Buds+, so this will be a nice comparison.

My initial thoughts on what’s in the box and the materials used for these are all positive. Nice case, accessories and the tip assortment is very nice as well.

2 Likes

i might try these next. i just got the sony wh-1000xm4’s. after tweeking the eq, i like them a lot. straight out of the box, not so much. some may like the default tuning, but not i. felt very lifeless to me. probably a very neutral tuning, which i am not the biggest fan of.

so, even though i do like the sony’s, i am still searching as i prefer things i dont have to eq.

The new Beyerdynamic Free BYRD

Pretty soon I will be posting my full review/impressions! With that, I have some initial impressions for anyone interested in these.

First of all - do you like bass…or sub-bass? If the answer is YES, then read on. If the answer is NO, then I just saved you from a 249.00 purchase :slight_smile:

So these extend under 20hz in the bass region which is crazy good if you like that. I have found that this emphasis on bass seems to go on up to the lower midrange. Kick drums and bass guitar lovers rejoice here.

The mids get a bit lost on these earbuds however. They stick around till somewhere around 1k from what I am hearing and I can definitely tell this with vocalists. A bit…thin sounding at times depending on the track of course. However they do pick back up in the 4k region it seems and you get some edginess with them.

As for highs, thankfully being a Beyerdynamic, I didn’t pick up sibilance unless the track naturally had some of it. I didn’t get piercing from these. I did hear a nice splash from cymbals which was nice since the bass could get so heavy. I would not call these the most detailed of earbuds…but from my experience I haven’t had an earbud with a ton of detail.

Guitars are a mixed bag here but I found typically enjoying rock music with these.

I truly believe these were made for the use case of an Earbud (I’m generalizing here of course) and that is to be on the move. To be engaged. To get some energy from the music to make you move. I want to try these with gaming because other than some possible muddiness, I could see these sounding fantastic with games.

I’m not sure if I will be keeping them or not…too soon for that. I love the build of them. The battery life has been great. They synced up immediately on my S22 Ultra. The app you download is nifty though possibly not needed. The case is nice and you get a great assortment of eartips. Oh and I need to try out the foam eartips just to see if it gets better/worse on the bass.

Please ask away if you have any questions.

2 Likes