šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2

Thatā€™s what I was thinking!

1 Like

Yes. I might buy the silver t1.2nd. It goes for 700$ sometimes. I had the ninja black which I bought for 650$.

Do anyone knows if beyerdynamic itā€™s going to release new headphones in the near future?

1 Like

Unknown, their most recent releases have been stuff like the Amiron wireless copper and wireless stuff. I would personally like to see a dt 1880 pro that would be sweet. I donā€™t know if they have a new flagship on the way, people have been wanting one for years but beyer has not delivered

2 Likes

A dt1880 would be a dream come true :joy:.

1 Like

I personally think the 880 600 ohm has the best signature out of all the beyers, and I would love to see it be taken to the next level lol

3 Likes

I was a huge T1 V2 Fan and a few months ago had skipped the opportunity to get it for under 500ā‚¬
Iā€™m with you- the stage on the T1 V2 is special
would love to try it in future with a nice OTL build or the Eddie current
while I wait for my Ananda to arrive and rarely use the 1990sā€¦
the T1 V2 is back on the list
With my THX AAA 789 - found the width and depth of the stage not very great in general
The Questyle CMA400i was more open for example

1 Like

The Hifiman Arya could be interesting for youā€¦ though an DAC/AMP upgrade would be maybe necessary?
Though if you like the dynamic base of the T1 V2ā€¦ the planar could still not satisfy you
In this budget, the HEDDphone is in reachā€¦ did only try the prototype a few months ago
Maybe you can audition these in future

2 Likes

I want one of these too!

2 Likes

I think i will not take the planar route for headphones upgrade for now. I had the Ananda and it was beautiful for music but not so good for gaming. I like headphones that will work with both. There is something about planar that i dont like for gaming. I was playing the witcher 3 with the Ananda. They were lacking something only dynamic driver have. Other planar i had: he4xx, sundara, m570, m1060c and Ananda. thanks for the suggestion.

What color do you like more?
I had the Ninja black and i thought the silver look better.
Now i look to them side to side and I think the black looks better.

That one is on you man lol, thatā€™s purely preference :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know. Just curious about you fellow hifiers lol.

I have the T1.2 Ninja Edition and LOVE them!!! Most of the time, I use it balanced through the Liquid Platinum or Single-ended through the BH Crack w. Speedball.

3 Likes

Black. All the time, every time.

3 Likes

Also, I have read that the Ninja Edition *might * sound different than earlier produced Silver variants, although I have not compared them myself. They say the treble can be too much on some of these, but I have never thought so, especially tubed. IMO, these are really great headphones and what I would call well-rounded with any genre [and I listen to nearly EVERYTHINGā€¦].

2 Likes

So, Iā€™m looking at selling dt1990s for some ninja T1sā€¦ Am I retarded? Iā€™m curious if it still holds up to other kilobuck sets etc. Also 1990s and every headphone ive liked has a dip around 5-6k and ever headphone Iā€™ve hated has a peak there. Outside of the T1 can yā€™all think of any other upgrade that would work outside of that?

1 Like

The Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon you might like. They use a biodynamic driver and are only 200-250 USD, quite an amazing deal at the price. The 6k region is not up at all from my experience. Definitely worth a look.

1 Like

Man, Iā€™ve heard so much about them that at this point I will have to try them, May have to sell my DTs, but then I could get another IEM as well. Iā€™m looking at what I can do now. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Nighthawk gang lol

1 Like

Yeahh get the complete opposite fr- what can go wrong with this side-, down or whatever - grade
To another galaxy maybe?

Nighthawk Gang out of control?- maybe I get one myself to see what is all the hype about

1 Like