đŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic T1 Gen3

eh maybe, I am not too worried about it though. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest and sounds great. I just pop off the dampener if I am feeling competitive or I am listening to more orchestra or classical anymore. All other genres I tend to listen to and casual gaming / movies I just use the dampeners.

1 Like

Guess I missed that
well, if you decide on Elex, @McLovin, I have a pair in excellent condition available without having to wait on Drop.

1 Like

Unfortunately, sound quality of the Clears are not worth its asking price imo. Thank you for the offer, but I don’t generally buy used.

Gotta say, This actually has become one of my favorite headphones. I think I am good for a while in my collection.

2 Likes

Yea I gotta say I am right there with ya man.

I had actually started recently thinning out my collection and may end up selling off a few more. I returned the X3 too btw, because I actually prefer how these perform. Sold off my X2HR, K7xx and an LCD-1. Might sell of the HD800s, while I think the soundstage is good
 I think the more I have used them they are kinda boring? I know Resolved talked about this and I get what he means. I also own the DT1990 and the Elex and really trying to make a decision on whether I should keep both. The quite similar on what the deliver.

@Falenkor, I am currently trying these out using the SMSL SP200. (haven’t used this amp in a while since I got the Asgard 3) I know you said you tried this with a few amps, but I think using something that is really clean might be best with this headphone due to how warm/dark it is. I was reading a discussion they were having over on the head-fi.org forums about using a very clean source is ideal: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyerdynamic-t1-3rd-gen-out-now.938562/page-48#post-15895997

My only issue is that I feel the difference in amps and dacs is rather more marginal in comparison to the T1.2. Granted yes, I agree that a cleaner sound something that can also bring up the mids and highs(something with a bit of an edge maybe more measurement based like Magnius?) is probably the best in my opinion as despite being marginal in my opinion I do feel it helps by a good amount.

1 Like

I wanted to thank everyone here for the honest talk about this head phone. Pretty sure I am going to be picking this up soon. I’m looking for an open back that is easy to listen to that will sound both good in gaming (non-comp) and music (rock, metal, indie).

I rocking a MCTH for my amp. I’ll be looking to grab a new one. I’m thinking maybe the ifi Zen Can/Asgard 3/some THX option.

Currently I have a DCA Aeon 2 closed since an open back really wasn’t an option. However things have changed and I can now go open :slight_smile:

Still hard call on whether it’s worth it at it’s current price tag so I would suggest waiting to hear others opinions on this one.

You really don’t need an amp to drive this one but it can definitely help. Just make sure you have something clean in sound and your fine here. You really don’t want a warm amp for these.

2 Likes

Is there a good way to take out the foam without making it look like I took out the foam if I put it back in?

It shouldn’t look like you took it out if you put it back in correctly due to the snap in plastic piece that goes over it.

Ok so in terms of just taking it out correctly, I take out the pads, then remove the lip that held the pads in? I assume since you said snap in plastic that I pull to get the plastic piece out and not twist.

Took some pics, might help:

1 Like

Carefull with the spudger. The metal easily leaves a mark.
These are safer.

2 Likes

Ah, yea I have those with my ifixit kit as well. Didn’t really pay attention to them. Thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much

yep, doing it that way makes it super easy to deal with that dampener.

Yep, np. Hope it helps.

These are very initial impressions, but when I first heard them with dampeners on, I was like wtf these are darker than I expected it to be even after reading about its signature. Will take time to get used to. After taking the dampeners out, I definitely preferred it, but this is going borderline to how much treble I would like. It is nice to have that bass quantity still there when taking the dampeners out. In terms of comfort, I like that these are lighter than the Clear/Elex, but it does push at the top of my jaw which I am sure will go away if I stretch these out a little.

Yea I can say that the clamp will relax a bit over a bit of time. But if you pickup some dekoni elite velour pads, it really helps with that specific issue and the sound doesn’t change that much either. I also prefer them without the dampener as well.