šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

It just feels and sounds so much better in my opinionā€¦ I think my biggest issue though so far with these has been the strange difference between pro and premium for the dt 990s. The premium I received has a lot more pressure on the jaw line pressure point meanwhile the pro had non existent clamp force. Probably going to have to stretch out the band was kinda hoping itā€™d eventually settle lol

Thatā€™s odd I and most people feel the premiums have less clamp as well as generally more comfortable. But the pros do have pretty well distributed pressure as the headband designa are newer

Thatā€™s probably the issue I am havingā€¦ it doesnā€™t feel equally distributedā€¦ its literally just the bottom jaw line. Had no issues with prosā€¦ I mean I can deal with it but its definitely something I noticed immediately. Cool thing is I finally get to sit down and check out the 1990s tomorrow

Bruh I know itā€™s kinday fault your in this rabbit hole but I would reccomend cooling it for a bit. You get much more out of this hobby taking it slower. But do write your impressions down as well as the long term impressions.

1 Like

Oh I plan too. Not your fault actually. To be fair. I know quite a few people who are into this stuff so they are lending me stuff they own one of which who has the dt 1990s much like the 177x which a buddy of mine from cali owns and has sent out for me to try for myself. I am already content with the 990s I am just checking out alternatives for the hell of it to see what I enjoy an see if maybe theres another set I would like to go with as well. I donā€™t plan to buy any more headphones for some time outside of replacing the damn Sundara which I am looking for a replacement. Was my go to for casual and music listening so I am torn on it.

1 Like
3 Likes

These also tube decently well but only with higher end set amps lol. On otl it sounds pretty bad and out of control, so wouldnā€™t recommend there.

Nice, thanks for the impressions. Iā€™d definitely be interested to try these.

Also comfort and build is almost the same as the other beyers, very very solid for sure. Still attached cable lol

1 Like

I would imagine they would be just as difficult to mod that part as the other Beyers around this price.

I REALLY wish they would get with the detachable cable 3.5 mm jack lol would make an ideal gamer headphone cause it can use the v moda as a cheap go to microphone while they focus on making the headphone sound amazing.

I would love to try modding them for balanced (been thinking about doing that with my 990 Pros)

detachble cable beyer? check these out

1 Like

I messaged him asking about it lol he never got back to me. Wondering if hes taking orders or under quarantine or somethin at this point

I have thought about sending in my Beyer to them, if they can mod them for balanced.
@Falenkor I had the same problem, though I messaged him a year ago or so

same here about a year or so as well

Pretty sure he does balance mods and detach mods as well as pad change stuff

He does detach mods, different pads, ectā€¦ But again, if they are refusing to respond to customer questions, I dont know how comfortable I am with the idea that they could suddenly go dark after being shipped my property and paid my hard earned cash.

Agreed, I believe someone told me he has a hifi account here somewhere tooā€¦ if someone can find it perhaps direct messaging him on here might get his attention? Worth a thought.

Itā€™s @AFK pretty sure