Binary X Gizaudio - Chopin

General Information

image|690x453

Setup​

Chopin adopts a low-frequency dynamic driver along with customized midrange and high-frequency balanced armature and customized composite high-frequency dual balanced armature driver unit. The pair has an independent three-channel RC filter frequency division line and adopts a high-precision 3D printed molding three-channel physical crossover system designed with accurate calculation. This ensures easy driveability while achieving highly consistent full-frequency phase response resulting in a smooth and balanced three-frequency response.

Cable​

High-purity LITZ oxygen-free copper silver-plated cable

The high-purity LITZ oxygen-free copper silver-plated cable guarantees lossless sound signal transmission. The wire has a soft outer sheathing that effectively reduces any microphonic stethoscopic effect. It features a high-quality 316L stainless steel carved Y splitter and chin slider that ensures stable and comfortable wearing.

Specification​

Sensitivity: 122dB/Vrms @ 1kHz
Impedance: 12Ω @ 1kHz
Effective frequency response: 5-20kHz (1/4" free-field microphone, -3Db)
THD:<1%@1kHz
Shell: resin 3D printing cavity + stainless steel panel
Driver: 8mm ceramic diaphragm dynamic driver + customized medium frequency balanced armature + customized composite high-frequency balanced armature(3 BA).

3 Likes

I pulled the trigger on a set and they arrived today. In fact, they are in my ears now. First impressions are extremely favorable. The unboxing experience was fine, the elongated box is very basic but interesting. I liked how each IEM was in its own little pouch.

The build is really nice. They feel small in your hands and have a unique shape, but the materials used are very nice and the overall presentation is one of quality. The nozzels are a unique shape and are different than my other three sets. At first I wondered about the fit, but they go into you ears easily and insert at a nice depth, making them very comfortable to wear.

The cable to me is somewhat unimpressive, in my opinion. A little on the thin side for my taste with smallish 2-pin connectors that I had a hard time handling. I ended up not using it, as I had the cable that came with the PA02, which is a much better cable.

You get 2 different types of Softear silicon ear tips, S, M and L. I tried the clear tips and they are fantastic. They set easily in your ear canal and make a great seal almost straightaway. I will probably try another tip at some point just because, but I am in no rush.

Sonically, they impressed me immediately. They are extremely engaging and put you deep into the music. they deliver a good quantity of powerful, rich bass, but it’s the quality of the bass that grabs your attention. It’s fast, well-controlled and goes deep. Mids are well-done and completely clear, detail retrieval is very good. Treble is really nice on these. You get that sense of air and it has nice energy but it is completely non-fatiguing. If I had any issues, I guess it would be in the vocals. Don’t get me wrong, the vocals are very good, but there is something just a little lacking there. It doesn’t diminish the experience by any means, but I would say that instruments are more enjoyable. guitars and pianos sound excellent, drums and percussive instruments are spot on.

Sound stage is a bit more intimate, but to me, for this set I think it’s a good thing. Instruments are well separated, harmonies are really good as you can hear every voice. I love how organic and realistic the music is. It’s one of those sets you just want to keep listening to. Pretty special considering these are 200 bucks.

6 Likes

If it’s male vocals that are suffering, it’s because of the mid bass scoop. For male vocals this type of tuning is too clean too lean in that region.

1 Like

I think you are probably right. Looking at the graph, I can see what you mean. Again, it’s not like it’s bad or anything, it’s just something I noticed. Still a great set. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Definitely a great set. I would have bought one but didn’t want this tuning in the end

1 Like

Copy that. Also, I love how light they are. When I first took them out I wasn’t sure if they were gonna fit, but for me they turn out to be extremely comfortable to use. Such incredible sound comes from these little guys!

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying them! Sounds like a solid set, especially with that rich bass and comfortable fit. Totally get the cable swap—sometimes it makes all the difference. For $200, they seem like a great deal. Gonna add them to my list. Thanks for sharing!