Blon BL-01 Has Landed

“Let Music Burn”, oh shit… It’s on.

1 Like

Exactly! The 05 went with a “generic” tuning that’s a little bit sharp for my ears. The 03 is definitely tuned best but the 01 is a mix of both (to me). IMO even though it’s only $20 I would only get it if you want a little something different from the 03 and cheaper

Also Oppoty, never forget about Oppoty

1 Like

If you got the 03 and happy about the sound, fit and everything. Skip the 01. It does fix the fit (for me) but the technicalities (details and instrument separation) is a huge bottleneck and can be downright a dealbreaker for some depending on what you are listening to (hip-hop is fine and good, but busier genres like rock/metal, OST arent good).

The fit is better for me also, however it is heavier if that matters. Do you feel the technicalities are a step down from the 03 or are you saying the technicalities of both the 01 and the 03 are equally not great? Ha! I haven’t gone much higher than the 03 in IEMs in the past but I just ordered the JVC HA FDX1 so it will be interesting to see how the BLONs hold up against a well regarded IEM from a higher price bracket.

I still haven’t done any A/B listening but I’m happy if I get essentially the BL-03 with a slightly flatter tuning and a better fit for less money. Right now that seems like what the BL-01 delivers.

1 Like

My 03 is the mesh modded version so it is different from stock. But to me the technicalities on the 03 stock, was never something I was that bothered on (yes it is average but I aint picking on it) but I am on the 01, so I am assuming that the technicalities are like this: 01 < 03 (stock) < 03 (mesh mod)

And yup, the 01 is very heavy and that is actually making it uncomfortable for me.

Something like the FDX1 should be leagues ahead of the 01 (and the 03) in technicalties.

I am not sure if the 01 is a flatter tuning than the stock 03, because with my A/B with the mesh modded 03 it sounds like the 01 is worse in balancing (it is leaning too much towards the bass and is overly warm).

Crin posted his graph which is different than what HBB posted so as always there will probably variations in terms of tuning. I don’t might weight and this fits me better then 03.

Don’t know about technicalities as I don’t know what those are or how to evaluate them. I like both 03 and 01 for what they are and don’t feel like they lack too much in comparison to more expensive hp I have.

All matters of subjective taste.

Edit: looking at the graphs again I actually think they look the same in both cases

The 01 is good and is meant for those that dont care/know about technicalities. But if you heard something on the higher tiers or like to analyze the iem/track this is not for you.

This is the first time I am gonna order from Linsoul, I am no expert but if you got them both and have Tripowin C8 cable + Azla tips which one would you choose?
I ordered all those things and of course I am gonna try them both when I got them, but I would like to know some experties opinion

Which 2 do mean? The 01 or the 03? If you dont want to mod it (with a simple mesh mod) and are uncertain if it will fit you, the 01 is the safer rec. But purely on sound, the mesh modded 03 is better than the 01.

I may have to check the mod option, I have after market tips so maybe that also would help with the fit

Then I would rec the 03 over the 01 if you are that open minded. :+1:

Yes they are gonna be my one and only but also don’t consider myself that dumb to ruin them while trying to mod them if the gain is worth it, could you send me a link of the mod tutorial pls

2 Likes

I completely agree with this assessment. Just got my pair running balanced on my btr5 and this is a steal at this price if you like the tuning. Really loving the bass.

1 Like

The Blon BL-01 didn’t give me that “WOW” effect that the BL-03 used to give me in the first periods of its release. Although I think there’s too much hype for Blon stuff, I don’t think their earphones sound bad, and the BL-01 are no exception: they sound good, and we cannot ask for more considering their very low price.

1 Like

You might want to give the BLON BL-07s a try instead. But for now, I have consider the BLON BL-03 and BLON BL-05S as the best ones from them, and will not buy a single BLON IEM for now. Plus, I heard that the Tin HiFi T3 Plus is the rage nowadays for its price and I am willing to give Tin a try again.

Although MQA is not a listed feature, the AP80 Pro does appear to support playback of MQA files. I’m unclear whether this is fully decoded or rendered. Please suggest me

Sharing my recent experience…having BL01 for 1yr it is great pairing with tempotec hd pro dongle.

Then i thought of moving to higher tier and boight 7hz timeless…excellent details technicalities very impressive however 3d soundstage is missing.

So i bought xduoo mt604 hybrid amp to pair…it was good.

Out of curiosity connected BL01 (gun) to mt604…oh man this biocellular driver takes 2w class A power and everything opens up…tightens up etc. Now i dont reach for 7hz.I know its bold claim.

Setup: Phone…uapp app bit perfect mode…tempotec e44 (another beast on its own) feeding mt604 through 4.4 interconnect BL01 with faaeal pure copper cable (only pure copper works with mt604) and final audio type E tips.

2 Likes