Blon BL 05 announcement?

Blon bl05 available now at $43 now can be shipped from end of this month

4 Likes

hmmmmm interesting. the price isn’t too different which is nice. they look not as sleek but still cool. i wonder how they will sound

That graph doesnt look too bad either, I worry that the mids will sound scooped since its right around a 10db variation so… I dig the driver config and will be anticipating some feedback. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oppoty! Confirmed authentic, lol.

3 Likes

Damn, someone measured it already? Do you have a link or the graph handy?

Same dumb cable, classic BLON lol.

1 Like

Just looking at their measurement. I’ll link a pic of it, sec.

1 Like

Wait what… first line on the product page

7-layer ceramic piezoelectric Driver and 10mm Carbon Nanotube Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Unit.

I thought it was a single dynamic only, it’s a hybrid now/? Sounds almost like the Shuoer Tape.

Awesome! Nevergiveup

2 Likes

Seems they dropped the piezoelectric driver for the final release and the product page on HiFiGo is out of date.

How can you just drop a driver for the final release? Reckon it was a miss print from the outset?

Reading on Head-fi the beta product had the piezoelectric but reviewers didn’t like the peaky trebble so they decided to drop it for a pure DD implementation.

1 Like

Sounds about right. So much work sti needed to make electrostat iem driver’s sounding somewhat decent and not treble monsters

1 Like

visual comparisons on the blon drivers (not mine)

1 Like

BGGAR released his measurements and initlial impressions were disspaointment

I found I believe a BLON employee if not the person resposible for tuning it’s comment on it on face book
"I just finished watching BGGAR’s “Live Chat” on YouTube (Sunday, 19th April).

To address his comment, the BL-05 copy he received is still NOT the official production unit yet (I already confirmed this with BLON with his graphs attached).

Linsoul received his copy last Tuesday (was shipped to him overnight on either Wednesday or Thursday). The graph I posted on Friday was generated on the same day, using the PRODUCTION UNIT. BLON did the measurement themselves.

Please understand that I am not trying to debunk him. There are facts that need to be clarified, and I am sure everybody is eager to know as well.

I will post the graph of the PRODUCTION UNIT of BL-05 vs BL-03 HERE, when BLON returns to work tomorrow. Stay tuned!"

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I hope the final version ends up being good.

FYI, this Larry Fulton guy isn’t affiliated with BLON, he’s just a try-hard. I’ve been following that FB post and it appears the folks at BLON are giving him info since he’s the one that reported BGGAR’s video.

Here’s the updated graph that he received from BLON.

2 Likes

Ah makes sense I remember him claiming to be a tuner a while back

1 Like

At least he got an “official” graph I guess?

1 Like