Bone conduction headphone review

There’s a lot of controversy about bone conduction headphones online, so I’m going to use my own personal experience to show you what it’s really like.
I bought the Nank Runner Diver2.

Packaging
The headphone comes in a box that’s quite solid and travel-friendly.

The box itself doesn’t highlight much about the product other than it’s physical design and main features. Other than that, there’s not much else to see.

Unboxing

Unboxing the package is quite straightforward. It reveals the headphone once you separate the cover box from the inner box. The headphone is held by a hard plastic case in place, making it safe for travel in most cases.

Removing the headphones and the plastic that holds it reveals the included accessories. The package includes the USB cable for charging the device, earplugs, and an adjustable strap. Other than that, it also comes with the user manual. Underneath the user manual reveals 6pcs sound enhancers that come in pairs and in 3 different sizes.

Other than this, there’s nothing else.

Closer Look

On a closer look, the first noticeable aspect of the headphones is its integrated silicone case. On the left side, you will find a compartment that contains a module for wireless connectivity as well as the built-in 32GB of memory.

The left section also highlights the model number, input voltage rating, battery capacity, and the name of the manufacturer.

On the right side, you will find the magnetic charger slot. It’s best to note that the headphones don’t utilize any form of fast charging.

Sound Quality
Alright, so when we talk about the sound on these bone-conduction headphones, it’s a bit of a different ball game compared to the regular headphones we’re all used to. Just a heads up, the sound quality might come off a bit mushy, like something is blocking the speakers. But, hold on a sec, that’s intentional because the whole vibe here is about the vibrations doing their thing for these headphones to work their magic.

Now, thanks to its 16mm dynamic vibrator speaker, the sound quality is beefier than its little sibling, the Nank Runner Diver. The bass is pretty solid and thick, and the mid-to-treble range is decent. Overall, it packs a punch that can get those drums shaking when you’ve got them on. But, here’s the catch – I find it a bit uncomfortable. The strong vibrations keep tickling my ear lobes, which isn’t exactly my cup of tea.

To sort that out, Nank threw in three pairs of sound enhancers in the form of earplugs, shaped to match the headphone’s structure.

The included user manual does include instructions on how to use these sound enhancers. But to be honest, experiencing both cases where I listen to music with and without the sound enhancers, I prefer to use the headphones without the sound enhancers. It just felt like something blocking my hearing which made it a little bit uncomfortable for me. However, the preference to use sound enhancers will always go down to personal preference. Some of you will prefer to use it while others don’t. Unfortunately, I belong to the latter.

Final Thoughts…
In summary, the NANK Runner Diver 2 Pro offers a unique bone-conduction open-ear headphone experience with notable features. Although it’s not for everyone, it’s best to keep in mind that these types of headphones are best for extreme cases where you would like to listen to audio while under a specific condition such as running, swimming, or diving. Overall, it caters to a portion of the market but factors such as individual preferences play a major role when purchasing a headphone.

1 Like