Bored with Verite. Suggestions?

Oh wow :joy::joy::joy:

Also I shouldn’t be surprised with the audio world but I was surprised for a second that somebody really took that concept and got super serious about it.

Also something to note if you plan to take the hifiman portable they do leak a ton (a fair bit more than the verite) if that’s fine

1 Like

Yeah I’ll my mindful of what I’m blasting out into the world :joy:

Geeze I just hope I can sell my Mojo setup…

I have a mysphere 3.2 and it’s pretty damn awesome (but super damn amp picky), very unique, one of the few options that can really give you a speaker like presentation lol (there are a few other options but they are def not able to go portable lol). Although some issues are that they take a bit to get properly placed and positioned on your head, might lack subbass response for some (esp if they aren’t properly amped), and are picky on what music they sound good with, so def not good all rounders imo unless you want something very speaker like

1 Like

I would imagine they aren’t the best for transitioning from laying down to standing up then huh?

By the way just a side note but I was doing some caparison between the Alpha and the m15 as far as portability. The Alpha slightly smaller in length and height but it’s thickness is over 1/4 of an inch thicker.

The Fiio is slim in comparison but like many new smart phones it’s wide and tall.

No not really lol

This sounds like a huge indicator that you are bottlenecking your setup. It definitely should not be close. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised when you upgrade your electronics.

I’m sure you’re right that I am, but I meant close when it comes to diminishing returns and use cases. Like…I won’t really use a 58x for anything besides classical but I felt like I was getting way to close to how the Verite responds to classical considering that it’s like 1/20 of the price.

One day I will hopefully not have to care about diminishing returns, but this is not yet that day :joy:

I only mention because you’ll end up handicapping your next pair of headphones as well, so looking for an alternative will unlikely help. It seems the solution is fairly clear.

1 Like

I’m honestly heavily leaning towards the Kann Alpha at this point but we’ll see what it’s like when it comes out