Hello, I bought the AKG K702 4 days ago and I am not satisfied due to a few reasons.
- The pads are too stiff and due to the clamping force I can start to feel them a lot after about an hour.
- The cups and the pads are so large that if I speak I can feel them even more, because they reach my lower jaw.
- I would like more bass, on the other hand, I understand that open-back means less bass, but there probably are open-back with more bass for similar prices, aren’t they?
- Sound is bit too analytic, but I don’t know if that’s because I am still not used to the new sound and never had similar headphone.
What I want from the alternatives:
- To be around the same or less in terms of price ~ 150$ in EU.
- To be open-back, I really like that aspect of the K702.
- Ideally, to solve most of my problems with K702, if possible.
- To be the same or less power hungry - I don’t have an dedicated AMP, but I have decent motherboard and it drives the K702 fine, at least I don’t notice anything bad.
Thank you very much for help.