Budget amp help

Hey guys, wanted to make a quick help question involving this as I find myself drawing a bit of a blank. So in some random cases I find myself running into the issue that some friends will buy say… just a tygr 300r but the unit struggles to power it, such as the ps4 original or a weak motherboard. When I thought about it, I really don’t know many units considered good beneath the $100 margin honestly…

So the question is, for someone on extreme budget limitations what can I recommend / help someone get in order to solve this issue. Just like in the 40-50 ohms impedance at maximum for power, combo unit of amp and dac, and pricepoint up to like $80. I already know fx-audio-X6 would work. Not sure on the Syba Sonic

Better than the FX X6 is hard, it’s so cheap and a clear upgrade from onboard. But maybe the latestet contribution from @LeDechaine.

1 Like

Lol it’s funny how for 100$ you can get a liquid spark or an atom amp and they can even be seen as “the best” by some, but for under 100$, for “okay” headphone amps, I got no idea whatsoever.

Obviously you can go used. US audio mart, eBay. Or “older” stuff. For combo dac/amps? maybe the smsl M3, Fiio K3, fiio e10k (I have not tried any of these, but there’s a lot of reviews online).

I was just thinking this like… uhh… hell I am drawing a bit of a blank lmfao. Normally motherboards and what not can cover such low impedance but I would prefer to have some backup recommendations that at rather cheap as such ya know?

will look at the m3 and k3 later… I know e10k can power up to 250 ohms. The only other questionable one was syba sonic it’s like $30 but is supposedly able to power up to 150 ohms

another option:

not sure how it stacks up against the others mentioned here

note, this is indeed a dac and amp (and preamp!)