Budget DAC + AMP

So we all agree the Enog 2 pro is a very decent dac?

I haven’t tried it yet. I’ve only tested the Archel 2 pro. I maybe getting one in soon to review.

Yeah it’s very clean and not really colored, hard to go wrong imo. It doesn’t have usb though if you need that

Yeah, I’ve been wondering about how I feel about not having the USB since most of my listening is from a device that has USB output

I mean it’s not really a big deal imo since optical is very simple and tends to just work

I prefer optical over usb, no drivers and hasstle. Just plug and play. Think anything will be a upgrade over the fx audio

Ive heard people say the Liquid spark is rolled off in the upper treble range. Does that mean it looses detail or only that the treble is not so forward? Thinking about getting a liquid spark as its more in my budget for now and run the dac from the fx audio to the liquid spark untill the liquid spark dac is released.

The liquid spark is slightly less prominent in the treble but definitely doesn’t really loose detail. It’s more so a smoother amp that’s slightly more relaxed. It’s just a bit warmer tuned amp but it doesn’t really sacrifice detail imo

Smoother like in terms more body to the music? Not as thin and analitical?

Yeah, also makes less ideal music less harsh too

Just afraid of loosing the Aiva essence with the liquid spark. Have you tried that combo personally?

I have, I thought it was pretty good, I personally think it can get a bit too harsh on the atom at times. I also think the liquid spark adds a bit more satisfactory bass response and some needed warmth to the midrange that can make it feel more full (as personally I think it kinda seems a bit dry in the mids at times). If you prefer the most detail and a more analytical sound the atom is for you, but I think with the sendy the liquid spark is what I prefer more, as it makes them more enjoyable for me

And at the end if the day thats what matters, how one enjoys their cans. Thanx MON. You dont have a liquid spark you wanna sell lol

I don’t unfortunately lol, although I may be selling a rosson RAD-0 in the future if you are interested lol. I should pick up a liquid spark though for work or something perhaps

Lol wayyyy above my pay grade lol. And what ive heard about the RAD 0 is that its not all that for the money.

I gotta be honest, I don’t think it has a place in my collection, and I’m not that big of a fan of it tbh for the price, will probably just trade it to a friend since he seemed to like it when he listened to it

My plan for end of 2020 is ZMF Aeolus. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Now that’s a good goal lol :+1:

I think the Aeolus LTD is the best looking of them all