Budget/Entry IEMs recommendations

Thank you sir, I know I’m late to the MH 755 train, but I think I’m going to aquire a pair or 2 and do my own mod. I like my KZN Pro cable so I think going to do a double pin if I can, otherwise I do a mmcx mod.

A guy on r/avexchange bought a bunch and recabled them, I think he’s getting ready to sell a new batch here soon.

Yeah I’m already looking into buying a second pair with a mmcx mod, the guy I bought this pair from is looking into how he can make a mmcx mod profitable for him.

Mmcx would definitely be pretty nice, something I would look into. I guess I could do it myself though tbh

So I finally received a couple of MH 755s I got on ebay. I think agree with you, I find them more enjoyable than the T2. It’s lighter so it’s way more comfortable, the bass is at a level that I prefer, and I feel that for the $6-7 I paid, I can’t really fault it**. **Other than that wacky cable that will eventually be replaced.

I have the parts to do a mmcx mod, not sure if I feel like tackling this over the weekend. However, based on how much I’m currently enjoying how these sound, I will have to do the conversion sooner than later.

2 Likes

I was curious how much work I’d have to do. Looks like the mmcx connector I got fits snuggly without any drilling. Taking it apart was easy enough.

$6.95 for IEM
$11 for 2x mmcx connectors.

$12+ for new mmcx cable.

So ~$20 or $30+ if you need a cable.

With completed mod and new KZ $12 mmcx cable.

5 Likes

Quick question about the KZ ZSTs, what tips would you folks recommend to replace the stock ones with?

mh 755, blon BL 03, KZ zsn are all pretty excellent for the prices

I would reccomend going for the ZSN over the ZST a little better IMO

What would you say would make the best gift for a friend who really doesn’t use anything like external amps to listen on their phone or laptop?

What type of music does your friend Listen to?

They listen to rock, and a fair bit of its variations (hard rock, pop, etc), along with metal and a bunch of lo-fi.

I listen to a lot of lo fi and can really reccomend the Blons cause of the darker sound sig wont expose them crackly lo fi feel too much or the KX ZSN if you want a cheaper package. the blons aren’t the worst stock but need the cable and tips changed to be excellent

I did hear these were better than blons but I haven’t heard them yet so I cant say

Might I ask, why would you need to change the cable for the Blons too? Also, what tips do you recommend you replace them with? I know Zeos seems to love putting Dekoni memory foam tips on everything apparently but idk what’s good for IEMs.

well depends on the friend. I use mh 755 tips on mine and the cable is fine if it wits your friend it is fine for me but I have other cables to use. if you can catch the blons on a sale you can get some foam tips and a 2 pin cable on ali express for like $50 in total

LG GS200 , around $25 on ebay

Oooooooh never knew they made earphones too!