Budget iem at around $60

Ok so the dq6 has more slam and stage than the bl05s , but what about the detail difference and is additional investment required with the dq6 , I don’t think I’m sensible to treble but if there is a cable and tips that makes it more fun please mention it

Cables don’t tho anything, you might change it for aestethics. You can grab Tanchjim tanya as it comes with filters and nice tips for dq6. If you need more reduction on treble, final E.

Thank you for your reply , where I could find the tanchjim Tanya since I didn’t found it on linsoul?

https://shenzhenaudio.com/ has both, if not mistaken. Also hifigo has tanya but not dq6. 11.11 sales starting soon, so you can save couple bucks. Aliexpress has it aswell and coupons, so you might wanna chexk that out (shipments might be slower).

If you want Mele (I rec it) its a linsoul exclusive. Final E1000 you can grab on amazon and stuff and comes with final e tips (its a neutral iem).

I just wanna ask one final question about tips , what are some good tips and tips brands , and are foam tips better than silicone ?

Let me know if you need more help :slight_smile:

Thank you so much , you helped me a heck of a lot man

1 Like

No problem bro. Let me know if you need anything else around here or in PM.

Enjoy your shopping :call_me_hand:

I found a great video comparing the bl05s to the DQ6 and tldr there are not many improvements over the DQ6 , the blon05s has what he calls a balanced v shape in comparison to the bright v shape of the DQ6 and the biggest difference is that the 05s have slightly more soundstage BLON BL05S Review - Does the OPPOTY strike back? - YouTube

1 Like

I definitely think mele. But I will have the dq6 soon. And possibly the bl-max if it ever gets here to compare.

I found the btr5 for $275 on Amazon but there is two cheaper versions one regular and one with lightning , and I when I switch to the more expensive version it says (3.5mm unbalanced and 2.5mm balanced ) does that mean that the lesser expensive units don’t have a 2.5 mm or the new 2021 btr5 is actually cheaper than the old one ?

Pretty sure that price is inflated. Or do you have a typo?

1 Like

Super late to the party not sure if you bought anything yet… I have both the DQ6 and the BL05s and TLDR i prefer the DQ6.

When I listen to the 2 back to back i notice that the bass on the Blon is slow and loosely defined. The one thing I like on the Blon is the treble.

Overall the DQ6 has better soundstage and detail but it is a more forward sound with the upper midrange and lower treble peaks. The bass is right and fast. I prefer Final E tips on the DQ6.

The other big difference is going to be the fit. The Blon had a shallow nozzle and it can be tricky to get a good deal but it is extremely light and comfortable.
The DQ6 however is more of a semi custom fit with a longer nozzle.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice but I’ve already bought the bl05s
Also did you try it with the btr5 ? because I’ve watched a video where he doesn’t recommend the btr5 paired with the bl05s because it’s a bright source

How do you like it so far?

I haven’t. The only source i have is the Apple dongle. But source can do so much

1 Like

I’m pretty satisfied with it , since it is my first real audio device purchase I can’t really compare to other things but I think it sounded pretty good especially in the bass department I noticed that there were more bass in some songs than usual

You are correct that price was inflated. That was during the DAC chip change over, since they couldn’t source the old DAC chips anymore. Both the BTR5 and Qudelix-5K were clearing out the old inventory, and the prices spiked when they were out of inventory. The 5K also jumped up, just not as far.

The new BTR5 is $10 more, for MQA of course, grrrr.

The qudelix never changed. It was always ESS. Unless there is a new model I need to order immediately. :wink:

OOHHH! so the Qudelix changed to 9219 as well? how did I not know that?

Ordering one now.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s an audible difference.

They even mention that the chips are almost the same:

2 Likes

That was my guess. If it had been a measurably better chip, it would have been in the marketing materials.

That said, I have been pondering the 5K ( I own the 2020 BTR5 ) and put it on my Christmas list. I still think these are both amazing for what they cost, and that doesn’t matter if we are talking about amp power, Bluetooth features, or DAC quality.

To the original topic, the best IEM under $60 is the Tripowin Mele. They have some slam, fast response, bass like the BL-03, without bloat into the mids, and still has good treble. This set gets a lot of ear time for me, and I own more expensive IEMs.

The only thing under $100 that competes is the Moondrop Aria, they aren’t constructed well ( the cable connectors aren’t mounted correctly, which leads to shorts ), and the stock cable is awful ( microphonic ). I still think under $100 is the Mele, plus it has much better bass, the only thing you give up versus the Aria is some detail retrieval and clarity on high register vocals.

2 Likes