Budget Projector Has Yellow Spot - Looking For Help!

About 2 years ago I purchased a budget native 1080p projector called the Vankyo V630 that retailed at $200 on Amazon. It has served me well but I have an issue that I’m not sure how to fix it.

I will leave an image below on this post but a yellow spot has formed on the image that is quite annoying, and is only getting bigger upon further use. I am guessing after doing some research that is called “screen burn” and I guess since I have it on for too long sometimes that caused this. (To be honest I have fallen asleep watching stuff and have not turned it off so it was on until the morning lol).

Anyway I’ve seen videos people getting in to the projector by removing the sticker off of the bottom of it, revealing a cover to remove, and replacing a part inside it.

Im not sure where I’d buy this replacement part or if by buying this replacement part that I would even solve the problem. I just would like to avoid purchasing a whole other projector if I don’t need to.

Anyways sorry for rambling but if any of you guys know what I should do or what I should buy, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!!

(The video being played on the projector here should be fully white, as you can see there is slight discoloration)

1 Like

Im new to hifi guides. But it looks like nobody responded?. Considering ot was a 200 dollar projector, im guessing you upgraded. I too have fallen asleep only with my turn table playing. Its a horrible feeling waking up to the classic sound of the end of record static pop repeating over an over. Wondering how much did i damage my stylus. I guess a similar feeling of dread was in your head space wih your projector. Hope all went well