Building Travel Listening Setup Ideas/Help

Currently assembling a setup for listening on the go and could do with some recommendations or further help.

My current planed setup is as follows.
IBasso IT00 IEMS (currently own)
SpinFit CP145 (currently own)
FIIO BTR5
FiiO RC-MMCXB Balanced Cable 2.5mm
Or
FIIO LC-2.5B BALANCED 2.5MM MMCX CABLE

I’m not looking to shell out a ridiculous amount however this will probably end up being my sole listening setup for a while so I’m happy to invest in gear that will withstand the test of time. Looking for equipment thats lightweight and good value for cost.

1 Like

I’m not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but this looks like you have a solid start. What is your source?

1 Like

If you mean what I’m playing my audio off of I’m using a one plus 5 playing off foobar, want to upgrade the phone at some point.

One other option might be the Lotoo PAW S1 if you don’t need Bluetooth?..a small footprint, EQ, MQA, SE and Balanced 4.4mm pentaconn outs.

2 Likes

Looks interesting, probably better option for flights as some carriers get iffy with Bluetooth, however I don’t like the old tape your amp to the back of your phone type setup, you know how it compares to the btr5?

No sorry I don’t :slightly_frowning_face:…when I do use OTG then like you said I strap a iFi Nano BL to the phone, not pretty but works lol.

Haha nowadays I’m trying to go as light and compact as possible. I like how the paw has a 4.4jack not a fan of the 2.5 for balanced, thanks for the advice :+1:

1 Like

Aye tis a diddy for sure…

1 Like