Burson OPA‘S tuning

Hello,
I have see Opas from Burson Audio
burson audio opa v5i and V6 Vivid and the Klassik.
Have someone expience with it?Is it a good investion for a Dac?

I am think about to install it in a Fostex Hp A3 but not sure why the have installed an Opa 2134 PA.On the Burson Homepage is just talk about the Opa 2134 so i am not sur it is possible to install.

Can some give some rewiew about the Opa‘s?

Like tubes, OPA have signatures, some are indistinguishable others definitely color or tune what would otherwise be an antiseptic sound. I bought two pairs of the V5i Dual since I needed three for an old Asus sound card and have not regretted the purchase. You can move them around, currently one sitting in a Topping D10 and another in an O2 amp.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
I ‚dont now i need a singel or Dual chip.
What is better ?

I habe take a look to the Burr Brown Opa 627 Pa and not sure too.
Is a bit different to change a Tube :grin:.May is good tube or not,and you can install the Tube or not and have no risk.
But with the opa‘s make a fault the amp can going to Hell :grin:.
I find is better to ask and do.And not do and Ask later.:grin:

You need to replace like for like. So take a look at what’s in there now and the Burson site actually has a list of which OPA are single and which are dual, you pick which you need based on that.

Take a look here. https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/supreme-sound-opamp-v6/

Ähm i am not sure i do it right.
Must i remove the Opa 2134 pa inside from the fostex to indentify is it Dual or Singel?

And i must connect a foil capacitor when i install the Burson chip?

Dual Op-amps:
AD823, AD823AN, AD8066, AD8620, AD712, AD827, C4570, JRC4556AD, JRC4580, JRC5532, JRC5532D, JRC5532, LF353, LM4562, LME49860, LM833N, MUSES8920, NE5532, NEC4520, NEC4570, NJM2068D, NJM2114, NJM2214D, NJM4558, NJM4558D, NJM4560, NJM5532, NJM4558P, OP275, OPA1612, OPA2277PA, OPA2132, OPA2134, OPA2604, JRC4558, RC4558D, RC4558P, TL052, TL072, MUSES01, MUSES02, MUSES8820, MUSES8920, MUSES8832, BA15532

Single Op-amps:
NE5534, JRC5534, LT1122, TL071, OPA134, OPA627, AD811, AD829, AD844, OPA604, AD8610, AD711, AD797, LME49990, LME49710

This is the list from the link I shared. The OPA2134 is listed as Dual.

1 Like

Thanks very much.so i have understand it and do it right.:wink:

So,
I have contacted a Guy on Ebay who sell the Burson chip.
I ask him is the Opa 2134 Pa spesific.
He told me the PA is not specific for Audio.
So we can use a Burson Dual chip sure and save on the Fostex.

I am just a little bit confused why a nother guy who helps me say the Sparkle labs chip are better as the Burson.I trust him too.
With time i think i tesed the two chips what is the best.

Maybe someone can‘t understand why i try it.
Is a good Headphone amp ect…
Yes it is.Or for this money can buy better,sure too.
But i find the technical aspect from them interested. Say it a little bit later.
Ground history:
With time i find the Fostex Hp a3 in some region a little bit muddy.
Some region are not so clear and defined with time you heard this.
He defined a bass the first impression is oh wow nice, and with time you find a little bit more power please for example.

This is my impression from the Fostex Hp a3 out of the Box he have charme,small,make fun to listen,solide,the Ground Musik are very Good.Z sayed in the Rewiew the Noise floor.
I like this,i love this.You put the Headphone on the Head and all is calm.
The Music is calm when is swing to the Party.
And this is what i so loved it.
Your Ear after a during session is you go in the vacancy or was it.

I have read in some Forum who people say Good but a little more Power please.
I mean the final touch is missing.

That‘s why is would testing the Sparkle lans and the Burson V6 vivid in Dual.
Maybe is suffisant,or maybe not the last Option is to give to a Manufakture to tune the little Box who complaine the Setup.With better capacitors ect…
The same from my Cambridge.
But first i try the cheapest way.Maybe is suffisant what i miss and people say.

And a another aspect is the Fostex is the Only amp who possed the 32 bit version to 96 khz. Possed a solid technical, and upsacle all Musik to 96 khz.
But i mean why is do try this yet is a simple reason and people who employ the technical say the same:Production cost the bad word in bissness.
Fostex do it too but with a minimum quality loss.

I give a new rewiew when i buy one of the chips after the burn process.Stay tune :wink:
And Db_copper thank you for your help.

Hi,

The Burson Audio V6 vivid arrived an hour ago.
And I could not resist taking him directly. : Mrgreen:

At the first auditory impression, he no longer plays so restrained, but clearly livelier and airier.
I also think that the bass has taken and the mids again better. In the upper area, perhaps slightly blurred but clear.

Unfortunately, this apparently takes about 100 hours of burn time.
Thus, he is now in the corner and dudelt in front of him the next days.
Small disadvantage is the case cover, because the chip is as long as I can not get it on it first.

Hello…For Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B (additionally for 3U will be the equivalent) I found the SS V6 Classic similar to the champ (despite the fact that, with OPA1652 the foundation turns out to be significantly more obscure). V5i must be utilized for higher increases, however moving toward the solidarity gain it began to discharge a hiss…around 40-half of the music was secured by V5i’s created clamor. Tried with 4 diverse operation amps, same outcome; didn’t tried to gauge this commotion with a degree. SS V5 was simply excessively hot and not suggested, likewise it can’t oblige this present gadget’s voltage of +/ - 18V.