šŸ”· Burson Soloist 3X

If you mean the mod on the Sa-1, then no. It voids your warranty and I plan to resell it, so that would suck for someone who buys it. Plus, I donā€™t think my Bifrost 2 would work with the mod.

1 Like

Watch for the soloist 3XP used I got a fantastic deal with op amps.

What kind of noise floor do you all get with the Clear while on High gain?
Iā€™m trying to figure out if what Iā€™m hearing is normal or just due to my potentially bad opamp.

What kind? Not sure what you mean by what kind but there is a very audible noise floor with the clear on high gain.

I suggest not plugging in any headphones until you troubleshoot with Burson just in caseā€¦

1 Like

I was talking about audibility, so youā€™ve answered my question. I found Itā€™s not an issue with music playing. But very noticeable when silent.
I was wondering because the soloist probably has the worst noise floor of my all solid state amps (while on high gain).

Ah, ok. Are you not getting enough output with medium gain? High gain is pretty overkill for almost all headphones.

Lol I just donā€™t like switching back and forthā€”especially since it doesnā€™t save volume settings between gain settings. Iā€™ve been using the HE6se more than anything lately.

0 noise for me on high gain itā€™s perfectly silent.

Aesthetically, this combo ^^^ looks really good :+1:.

The Soloist is really powerful. I am very sure that the published stats are under the actual performance. So I would be careful about High gain. Only use it if you have to. This Amp may damage and overdrive headphones like the Clears, which I also own.

1 Like

Here are some op-amps from Staccato. These caught my eye as their op-amps look really interestingā€¦

2 Likes

Definitely want to hear your thoughts on them. I confirmed Iā€™ve got a bad op-amp. So I might have to buy one (if I go vivid again) or two anyway.

Every review says that. So I bit the bullet and got the Burson. Local stock is a couple of weeks behind. Thanks Z Reviews. lol.

Been wanting this for months then finally have the money and Z bombs the stock.

I am really curious a out the op amp rolling too. As soon as I have mine in hand I am ordering the classic Op Amps and the the stand from Burson. Got to finish the package.

Did a little comparison between the Classics and the Vivids some time ago.

If interested hereā€™s the link: BURSON Soloist 3X Performance - Class A Headphone/Pre Amplifier - #216 by hifiDJ - Official AMP/DAC/DAP Model Discussion - The HEADPHONE Community

1 Like

I donā€™t think I will roll OP Amps. It sounds great as is. I got mine when it was on sale at Underwood Hifi. I am also a Pateron of Z so I saw his review a few weeks earlier.

I think it would be good to have both. I have a little tube amp I use sometimes to get some warmth when I feel like it. The Op Amps are a relatively cheap way to do similar things by the sound of it.
I canā€™t wait to get mine now.

1 Like

So I received mine today. Wow. Just wow.
Up until now I have been using my Drop 789 and I have been adding bass via eq to my 6xxā€™s and now I dont have to do. Not to mention that there is just so much more sound available.
I donā€™t know the terms to use here, but things are just sounding filled out more, but especially mids and lows. I havent spent anywhere near enough time with my music or gaming yet, but so far I am very impressed.

3 Likes

Posted some thoughts/impressions of the Super Charger. Feel free to give it a read!

3 Likes

cool writeupā€¦ now Iā€™m interested in the extra op amps and the and the power supply. I had similar impressions going from the vivids to sparkosā€¦ I wonder how stocatos to sparkos would compare.

1 Like

I donā€™t have the Sparkos but from what Iā€™ve been reading I think the Staccato would be somewhere in between the Vivids and Sparkos.

You changed all four, right?