Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

I have that same Bifrost 2. Why so hot right now? I’ve been thinking about replacing it with a D90. lol Maybe I shouldn’t?

Try that and find out lol

6 Likes

they been on backorder for months and sell out when they get back in stock pretty instantly. gotta be about the hottest dac going atm.

edit: from schiit site today

ships in 4-6 weeks. been delayed a bunch.

4 Likes

Yep thats why!

lol! OK, OK. Before doing anything amp/dac related, I should always consult with king M0N!

Wow. OK. Haven’t been keeping up with what’s going on.

I mean I’m just saying experimenting with other dacs in that same price segment might give more insight on how things tend to stack up, and potentially more examples of things you may want in your chain. Similar thing could be done by trying other amps in the jot 2 ish range and seeing how those go and what you find there. That is if you aren’t fully content with your current setup

2 Likes

You have WAAAAY more experience and insight than I do. You’re absolutely right. I need more experience listening to more amps and dacs. My headphone and IEM collections are quite strong, so I am getting myself ready to start stretching in that direction. Sold my 789, and SMSL dacs. Have the Bifrost 2 and Jotunheim 2 and have an A90 coming in at the end of this week. Onward and upwards!

EDIT: I found that although I love the organic nature of the Jot2, it is dark and lacking some presence.

Thanks M0N! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once you nail down the headphones/iems you enjoy, you can then devote more attention to your source gear to improve the performance of the things you already enjoy, and the main way to do that is mainly experimentation, it’s a good way to test the waters and find where you want to end up as well later on

1 Like

This is advise to live by. I’ve got the FOCAL Clear MG, ZMF Aeolus and Lawton modded TR-X00. For IEMs the Monarch and Zen are my favorites and I am quite happy with them. I have the Excalibur in coming so I’ll own all the Theiaudio tribrids soon.

With the A90 coming in, I’ll have a super clear source for my IEMs and clean linearity to judge my headphones from, without the harshness of the 789. That’s the plan anyway. There are some dacs and amps I want to get my hands on eventually. Not sure if the Jot2 will stick around after comparing it to my Apollo. I wasn’t sure if the darkness was related to the Bifrost 2 or the Jot2. I’ll be able to find out later this week though.

4 Likes

Another bump
The xDuoo TA-10 is still up for grabs $180 US shipped.
I am also considering selling my balance modded DT-990 Pros with Hart cable and interconnect $120 shipped.

[WTS-USA]
NCM Bella V2:$650
Cayin YB04:$350

3 Likes

Also would be looking to possibly sell my lawton cups, so may as well put a price for the EMUs with the lawton Purpleheart cups.

Looking for £450 with only the PH cups

I’d also be interested in trades for IEMs or amps like the v200

2 Likes

#BlameM0N

10 characters

1 Like

Welp, it sold for $840.

3 Likes

Damn, that’s nuts!

Selling Tin HiFi P1 $125 (US Only)

2 Likes

Christ…  

1 Like

SOLD

Anyone wants to grab himself a bargain?
I got Shuoer Tape pro (silver) with original box and filters, cable missing.
I don’t think I will sell it easily on ebay because of the missing cable but I am happy to sell it here for bargain price.
Anyone interested for £45?

They’re in perfect condition, happy to add variety of tips too.
UK only.

Limited supply, increased demand and lots of people with COVID dollars they didn’t actually need…

Yup.