Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

Figured since a few people have been using this section to sell things already why not make a thread to post stuff we’re trying to get rid of. at least until there is a proper classified section implemented. If this is not allowed please just delete this… although I’m not even sure there are actual mods active on this site in the first place to even care haha

I’m currently selling a bunch of stuff over at r/avexchange, check it out and feel free to pm me here if that’s better for you, thanks for any interest.

9 Likes

So @M0N, does anyone care if we start posting stuff here? I’ve started using Head-fi classifieds. But I’d like to give the regulars here first go.

1 Like

I mean I guess, but this is not an official answer

i think if anything just use this place to post links to your listings off site, kind of like the deals thread but for second hand stuff i guess

1 Like

Okay. In that case I will assume it’s fine until told otherwise

I got a lot of things i’d like to sell. headphones and such. Would be nice not to have to pay taxes and fee’s. When i received pay i would insure the headphones before i send. Is that good enough?

I’d say insurance is really more for the seller’s benefit than anything. The seller has to take responsibility if something goes wrong during shipping.

I think reddit and Head-fi are probably two of the best places for direct selling. I’ve already got two good buys from head-fi in the past couple days.

What do they have that hifiguides doesnt?

They’ve got a mature and robust selling system is what they’ve got LOL.

For example they have seller ratings and a thread layout tailored for selling/buying

2 Likes

An established and mature means of selling and buying

1 Like

I’ll have to check them out. Its looks like just ads. but i guess theres more going on

If it was that easy then I would have just already set up a buy sell thing lol. The main issues come up when conflict or foul play come up, legally it can be a big issue and also can cause issues in the community

2 Likes

What do you mean? i cant just setup an account to sell?

A lot of people have already sold or traded through this website, but it’s been on them to work it all out privately. I kind of think it’s best to keep it that way so @M0N doesn’t have to do more than he already is

3 Likes

We aren’t really set up for mass selling and trading, and I’m not really the one that would be the one to call the shots on that in the first place (it’s not my forum lol)

3 Likes

hmm, I don’t think its a bad idea either… but perhaps an early headsup or link to their ads on head-fi being posted or ebay or something would be a pretty neat addition. Who would you have to get the okay from?

Selling a few cans to make room for the Elegias. Will update this post with the new listings as I make them. Please feel free to PM me for more info or pictures.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363002188917 SOLD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363002199768 SOLD

2 Likes

My two cents as someone who’s already sold something through the site. I like the idea of giving members a shot at something I’m selling. I also like the idea that its tax exempt, and eBay doesn’t need to take a slice off the selling price.

Wonder if it can’t simply be like the post above, seller and buyer arrange a private deal we can simply post wanted items and items for sale and just have the site free of any responsibility. Just a post with that statement at a fixed header should suffice.

I’ve got at least a few things I’d get rid of at a fair price but also more than likely keeping more of the money than had I’d gone through eBay.

Things I’ve sold recently that probably would have been a more productive sale had they gone through here.

1. Peachtree Decco2 Hybrid integrated amp.
  2. LG v30 & LG v40
  3. Have an iFi nano iOne up for sale.
3 Likes

Personally I don’t care how stuff is taken care of as long as it doesn’t involve the forum in responsibility

7 Likes

You mean you don’t want to be held personally responsible?

EDIT: should have but a sarcasm smiley here.

1 Like