šŸ”¶ Focal Elex

Honestly I would prefer the elex with a decent dac and amp to the 3100 system + dac, I think the elex would easily outperform the stax in dynamics, impact, spatial recreation, and timbre, but the stax are speedier with more detail in the treble, but overall the 3100 system has lots of trade-offs, but is unique and worth a try sometime, but personally I would easily take the elex. The elex just is a more refined, complete, and is more generally usable than an entry level stax setup imo. Although my opinions change when you climb the stax ladder

3 Likes

Update from a few days ago about the pad screw up from months ago.

2 Likes

I cancelled mine when they gave the original offer.
It was always going to be a shit show, Iā€™m sure Focal believes they delivered what was ordered contractually. And itā€™s a big enough fuck up that lawyers would be involved.
In the end itā€™s Drop taking a bath on it.
The issue with the Elex is it just isnā€™t in Focalā€™s best interests to provide cheap replacement pads.

1 Like

Iā€™m sellinga bunch of my Headphones including the Focal Elex PM if youre interested. I bought the Arya and am battling IT out against the HD800s and LCD2C to only keep one of them.
The Elex already lost the battle and the LCD2C is only left for the Bass.

Oh right im in the EU (Germany) so easy Shipping.

You can also use this thread to sell items.

was this during the $600 sale?

I already bought the Neumann in the meantime. Now Iā€™m regretting it :frowning:
But thanks for the offer, really :slight_smile:

Alright i posted it there. Thanks.

Yes, but this is for buying the pads specifically from drop, in case that wasnā€™t clear.

So its been months since I last posted something, so I though id just add that I finally found an Elex. Received them today. impressed beyond words, love the sound and wont change a thing. The most surprising factor was the bass, oh my it goes down low and then some. Love them and will never ever part.

9 Likes

@Deon Thatā€™s what itā€™s about. Happy for you!

1 Like

For now my liquid spark has to do, still waiting for my D10 dac, damn COVID. And my onboard audio got noisy so using the Nvidia audio now from my screen. Not the best but way cleaner than my onboard for some reason

Did anyone of you guys with a Elex try the Ortho1990 eq?

Just a quick question, does the Elex scale good with higher end dacs and amps?

Pretty well I would say imo

Thanx MON, feel the Elex is held back by my dac for now. Thanx

Absolutely does.

Yeah, I have some and it seemed to tighten things up a tiny bit. Mids a tiny big less metallic and a bit more bass, but it wasnā€™t a big difference. Theyā€™re tuned nicely as is.

:confounded: I donā€™t even remember how it came about today anymore, but Iā€™ve been EQing the left side as for some reason I just now noticed imbalance at certain frequencies and I have been really meticulous with it so far. At about 10k hertz now and will do the rest of the range tomorrow. Comparing it to before, there is certainly a big difference and the way it is now after all that EQ does sound more correct to me. Switching back and forth, I can clearly hear the left side sounding quieter and sounds placed father to the right in stock. Most of the EQ thus far has been making the left side louder with only a few frequencies being vice versa. No idea if it was like this originally or if it developed over time. I will probably post the EQ if I happen to finish it tomorrow, then Iā€™ll probably be redoing the EQ for both channels.