The DEALS thread

It’s true, they are really great and I have been enjoying them. I’m just a bit worried I won’t listen to them again though :flushed:. I’ll most likely hold onto them and figure out how I’m gonna dig myself out of this money pit I made…

1 Like

Trust me, man, you’ll definitely wish you kept them if you sell them. There are some sets I have personally that I don’t listen to every, but I still have at least 3-5 in my rotation. It’s great not listening to a set after you’ve become accustomed to it, and going back to it weeks or months later to fall in love all over again. Keep ‘em, trust me :metal:

1 Like

Sennheiser HD660 S are on sale for $300 on Amazon Prime Day Early Access. According to CamelCamelCamel this appears to be essentially an all-time low price.

I had been considering buying Sundaras, I’m sure they have different sound profiles, but does anyone have any input on the value proposition, especially when they’re exactly the same price? Thanks!

3 Likes

Do you have or have you listened to any other Sennheisers around that price point? The 600 or 650/6XX? I owned the 660s briefly and while I thought they were nice, they didn’t really blow me away over what the 6XX offers. They do match well with a good tube amp though.

1 Like

imo depends on use case and preferences but I personally disliked the 660 and liked Sundara
if you get them both you can compare them and return what you don’t like

1 Like

The Sundara are already a great value but @PMT12 is selling a nice pair over on the Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread - may want to check them out!

2 Likes

Indeed. Though $300 is a good market price for new 660S.
I’d offer the same money to PMT12 for their 58x and Sundara shipped together. Case closed.

1 Like

I personally like the 660s the most out of the mainstay sens.

Its a taste thing. Not better or worse than the other in the lineup, just different.

1 Like

If you have access to US Amazon:

Keephifi TRI&HBB Kai in-Ear Earphone, Wired HiFi IEM with 9.8mm DLC Diaphragm in Ear Headphones with 2PIN Detachable Cable, for Singers Audiophiles and Music Lovers Amazon.com

TRI I3 Pro in Ear Monitors Upgraded I3 Wired Earbuds Earphone,10mm Flat-Diaphragm Unit with Aviation Aluminum Alloy Material,Suitable for Musician Drummer Guitarists Stage Amazon.com

And a personal recommendation: TRI Starsea Ear Monitors Wired Earbuds 2BA+1DD High Frequency BA Three-Frequencies Knowles ED-29689 Composite Silicon Crystal Biological Diaphragm with Four Choice of Different Tuning Modes IEM No Mic Amazon.com

1 Like

I just checked and there are so many “early access deals” right now for IEMs. Holy crap

Me, too. I have the old 280 Pro also and I prefer the 660 by a pretty wide margin. I also have the Sundara and I think they are pretty much neck and neck with the 660. Each provides a slightly different listening experience, which is nice, I think. Each set is built well. I like the look of the Sundara. The 660 is lighter, more comfortable and easier to drive. I thoroughly enjoy both.

1 Like

Where are these deals?

Unfortunately it’s gone - it’s was only for a day or two I believe.

this might be the best deal i have seen them run.

2 Likes

who / what are they and why would I want one?

uk version of emotiva

2 Likes

josh…you changed your name? :rofl:

For anyone looking to get into the cult!

2 Likes

Iotavx makes very nice integrated and power amplifiers for speakers and they never go on sale.

2 Likes

their SA3 and PA3 seem to be reasonably priced. :slight_smile:

1 Like