🔷 Modhouse ARGON MkIII

These are dekoni blues :wink:

They look very nice, a lot better than the original.

hehe i dont paint, thats how they come from modhouse when they are turned into Argons.
I wasnt a fan of the Dekoni Blues at first but once I had them in hand they grew on me.

Too many iterations of these headphones…so this is effectively a mod of a mod…that’s so meta.

Well, yes, but I’ve seen in other forums where people took apart the Blues and, supposedly, the only actual work done to the stock T50RP is to put the blue design on and to put Dekoni pads on. No damping or rework of the internals. This would actually make the Blues an ideal start point for Ryan if he’s running low on regular stock and if Blues are for all intents and purposes stock cans.

(If I find the original source, I’ll link it!)

2 Likes

If I remember right someone on the forums posted some photos showing that they added some foam as well so it is altered just not by very much had to dig it up here we go was on one of my other posts.

Courtesy of @WaveTheory who posted this to me. as well as this

who posted some pictures of his own dekoni blues

You would be better off posting this on the thread made for this sort of thing over here Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

Is it just me, or does it look like in the first Picture it’s the t20 on the left and the t50 on the right? As the one on the right looks like the blues?

Also just checked my t50s and they look like the ones on the right & the blues internally.

now im curious what Ryan does…

I think it would really cool if he were to use blue vinyl to cover the logos instead of black for the Dekoni Blues

1 Like

Well, look at me being somewhat correct (that’s the tiniest amount of foam I think you could use to say it’s been damped), but forgetting it was on this very forum ! Haha! Thank you for the assist, Falenkor!

1 Like

90… fucking… euros to customs later and they are headed my way. Fucking bureaucracy. Fucking Correos (Spanish Post). They are the god damn mafia.

So I bought the T50s here in EU - shipped them for the mod which included the balance mod and purchased an nice balance cable to boot…thought this was “end game” …bought used set of Audeze LCD 2 CB while waiting and they will have cost me about as much as these Argons at this point.

It’s all about the journey though right ( this is my mantra now)

3 Likes

Holy shit that’s insane. I truly hope you love these for the time/money investment you put into these!

Does anyone know how long Ryan typically takes to send out instructions for conversion? I haven’t been able to get in touch with him at all after the purchase.

Alright so these are pretty sweet…I think the Audezes take the cake between the two but this is a damn fine set off noise makers.

1 Like

Got my Argons today. I am curious to hear the experiences of those who went with the balanced mod but using them single-ended.
I’m running them through my Schiit Asgard using the various cables (two stocks + v-moda) and I seem to be having an issue where I can only hear sound out of one channel at a time. If I have the cable pushed partially in I get the right channel only; all the way in, left channel only. I can get both channels if I kinda tweak the cable but the left channel sounds distorted and drops in and out.

I have of course reached out to Ryan – I really don’t want to have to send these back :sob:

No issues here, tried both v-moda and the Periapt cable I got.

1 Like

Dito here. No issues with the balanced mod and running unbalanced out of Asgard 3

1 Like

My Argons should be shipping soon. Did y’all find the 12 weeks is accurate or are they running a bit behind?

EU and customs issues but yeah 12ish +/- 2

1 Like

I have got to say that although Argons and Modhouse may be great, this issue of not being unable to communicate with customers is bullshit. Its completely unacceptable especially from a small company, you expect that from a large manufacture but not from a mom and pop store, you should at least have some idea where you order is considering the lead times.

5 Likes