šŸ”· Modhouse ARGON MkIII

Well, yes, but Iā€™ve seen in other forums where people took apart the Blues and, supposedly, the only actual work done to the stock T50RP is to put the blue design on and to put Dekoni pads on. No damping or rework of the internals. This would actually make the Blues an ideal start point for Ryan if heā€™s running low on regular stock and if Blues are for all intents and purposes stock cans.

(If I find the original source, Iā€™ll link it!)

2 Likes

If I remember right someone on the forums posted some photos showing that they added some foam as well so it is altered just not by very much had to dig it up here we go was on one of my other posts.

Courtesy of @WaveTheory who posted this to me. as well as this

who posted some pictures of his own dekoni blues

You would be better off posting this on the thread made for this sort of thing over here Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

Is it just me, or does it look like in the first Picture itā€™s the t20 on the left and the t50 on the right? As the one on the right looks like the blues?

Also just checked my t50s and they look like the ones on the right & the blues internally.

now im curious what Ryan doesā€¦

I think it would really cool if he were to use blue vinyl to cover the logos instead of black for the Dekoni Blues

1 Like

Well, look at me being somewhat correct (thatā€™s the tiniest amount of foam I think you could use to say itā€™s been damped), but forgetting it was on this very forum ! Haha! Thank you for the assist, Falenkor!

1 Like

90ā€¦ fuckingā€¦ euros to customs later and they are headed my way. Fucking bureaucracy. Fucking Correos (Spanish Post). They are the god damn mafia.

So I bought the T50s here in EU - shipped them for the mod which included the balance mod and purchased an nice balance cable to bootā€¦thought this was ā€œend gameā€ ā€¦bought used set of Audeze LCD 2 CB while waiting and they will have cost me about as much as these Argons at this point.

Itā€™s all about the journey though right ( this is my mantra now)

3 Likes

Holy shit thatā€™s insane. I truly hope you love these for the time/money investment you put into these!

Does anyone know how long Ryan typically takes to send out instructions for conversion? I havenā€™t been able to get in touch with him at all after the purchase.

Alright so these are pretty sweetā€¦I think the Audezes take the cake between the two but this is a damn fine set off noise makers.

1 Like

Got my Argons today. I am curious to hear the experiences of those who went with the balanced mod but using them single-ended.
Iā€™m running them through my Schiit Asgard using the various cables (two stocks + v-moda) and I seem to be having an issue where I can only hear sound out of one channel at a time. If I have the cable pushed partially in I get the right channel only; all the way in, left channel only. I can get both channels if I kinda tweak the cable but the left channel sounds distorted and drops in and out.

I have of course reached out to Ryan ā€“ I really donā€™t want to have to send these back :sob:

No issues here, tried both v-moda and the Periapt cable I got.

1 Like

Dito here. No issues with the balanced mod and running unbalanced out of Asgard 3

1 Like

My Argons should be shipping soon. Did yā€™all find the 12 weeks is accurate or are they running a bit behind?

EU and customs issues but yeah 12ish +/- 2

1 Like

I have got to say that although Argons and Modhouse may be great, this issue of not being unable to communicate with customers is bullshit. Its completely unacceptable especially from a small company, you expect that from a large manufacture but not from a mom and pop store, you should at least have some idea where you order is considering the lead times.

5 Likes

Heā€™s been pretty true to his announcements - usually 12 weeks +/- a week. Ryan is making cool shit as fast as he can. The customer is not always right and answering emails tends to be a time suck ā€¦Iā€™d just assume he knock out his next order ( I imagine many on his wait-list would as well). I donā€™t fault him one bit for the lack of communicationā€¦people, customers especially, can be whining little bitches. Would the reputation of his biz bump upā€¦maybe, but it sounds like heā€™s good with what he has now.

Argons are worth the wait. I had a nice long (3hr) A/B session with them and my LCD-2ClosedBacks last night. Fun is frequently used to describe Argons and I get itā€¦I would say livelyā€¦they light up anything they touch- Bass, soundstage and treble are the highlights of the sound for meā€¦nothing too taxing but they make legitimately any music just pop.

The Argons perform especially admirably against the LCD 2CB with Rock/Metal and poorer recording quality. However anything recorded well ,instrumentals, acoustic guitar, vocals, live recording and the LCD 2CBā€™s balance and detail crushed it. Now by crushed it ā€¦I mean I enjoyed the fine detail and overall presentation way more than ā€œlivelyā€ Argons. Donā€™t get me wrong the music sounds good with the Argonā€¦itā€™s the difference between seeing the band in a 200 person live venue VS hearing that song on your banging car audioā€¦both are great and have different strengths.

1 Like

Having run my own business, I agree, but strongly disagree with the handling. Never take your customer for granted. Never treat a paying customer like a problem. There are limits, but taking money is an agreement to deliver a product. How you handle that transaction is a direct reflection on the integrity of your business. Radio silence it not a great look.

That said Iā€™m at 13 weeks with no communication and no shipping notification.

3 Likes

I think Ryan (and his customers) would be well served if he made some improvements to his website. Specifically I feel like he could save himself a lot of grief if orders could be tracked there. You log into a basic account that has what you ordered and whether or not he has started working on it. A status workflow like ā€œPending / Backlogā€ > ā€œIn Progressā€ > ā€œCompleteā€ > ā€œShippedā€ would go a long way I think.

That way, people who just want a status update (which I would imagine is like, 95% of his emails) can check that without bothering him, and it would would hopefully free him up to get through his work quicker and respond to emails of a more important nature (e.g. warranty returns). I happen to be in that latter camp and Iā€™m feeling really depressed about it as I have waited for a very long time only to receive a pair of Argons that is not working as advertised as per my previous comment. Itā€™s been 4 days and I havenā€™t had a response - I know Iā€™m not the only one but it still sucks eggs.

2 Likes

There are really great automated solutions for exactly this problem. Having a bad web presence as a small business to me feels like keeping Christmas murals up on your shop windows year round.

14 weeks no shipping or contact.

Hope you get your issues handled quickly, that does suck