šŸ”· Drop THX Panda

Honestly, im not having the best luck finding info on those either. Over all the pandas seem fairly neutral/flat but narrow sound stage? Imaging seems good, but I dont exactly have a lot of context. They dont go as massively low as my galaxybuds (though there seems to be a massive trough in the buds between sub-base and the lowest of low base), but I think thats a headphone vs iem thing. They feel realy fast and sharp on the notes and handle high treble like piccolos much better than my LCD-2Cs too.

I always use this song for good soul touching base to see just how low shit can go

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great song. Thanks!

1 Like

I had 0 appreciation for it for a long ass time. Then I heard it with IEMs and felt the base go so low it felt like I was feeling it instead if hearing it and immediately fell in fucking love

1 Like

Yo :slight_smile:

Not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but my friend is looking to buy these headphones, to upgrade from his Beats wireless headphones heā€™s used the shit out of for 4+ years.

If anyone is looking to sell a pair, that is either new or slightly used for under $399 USD, that would be rad.

Thanks!

Not the right thread. Check in the BST thread in off topic. That said, there are multiple pairs for sale on /r/avechange and head-fi currently so you can try looking there

Yup, ask in the Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for these!

1 Like

Will do, thanks.

Another Chris Jones gem for bass :slight_smile:

1 Like

Video not avilible :confused:

If it doesnā€™t work, just search for: ā€œNo Sanctuary Hereā€ - Chris Jones

2 Likes

So the Panda was supposed to have an accompanying EQ app which would allow a profile to be saved to the headphones themselves. Was there an update to this I missed somewhere?

(from June last year) https://drop.com/buy/drop-wireless-headphones/talk/2653223

1 Like

lol, no you havent. No info on it in a while

1 Like

Resolve didnā€™t like them at all

1 Like

I decided to pull out my Audeze Mobius again to compare side by side, based upon the above review, and I while the Mobius isnā€™t as bad as I remember them being, Iā€™ll still stick with the Panda for music.

Comparatively speaking, in no particular order:

• Panda is much more comfortable on the head
  • The controls on the Mobius are just shit. The control nipple on the Panda is infinitely more usable. With the Mobius, I have to control track forward and back using my phone, because the push down and scroll to jump tracks absolutely does NOT work at all.
  • Thereā€™s more bass ā€œslamā€ on the Mobius; the bass on the Panda is very subdued in comparison. My hope is that the EQ in the forthcoming Panda app will help fix this.
  • There is more texture to the sound in the Mobius than the Panda. I initially doubted the above reviewer on that, but listening side by side heā€™s not wrong.
  • The ultra-wide soundstage in 7.1 mode on the Mobius compared to the very narrow soundstage on the Panda does allow things to open up a bitā€¦ give instruments and vocals room to breathe.
  • Conversely, at times some of the frequencies and tones sound distorted on the Mobius. The sound isnā€™t as ā€œcleanā€ as on the Panda.
  • Donā€™t get me started on the noise floor on the Mobius. Blarf!
  • I get far more Bluetooth connection hiccups with the Mobius than with the Panda.

Itā€™s a mixed bag. There are some things I like about the Mobius, but from a quality of life perspective, itā€™s hot garbage compared to the Panda. I find myself being annoyed by the Mobius more often than not.

5 Likes

I was really worried to see such negative review of the Panda, and I think other negative reviews exist too. DMS even gives them very poor rating for tuning and comfort in his list, although rates the detail retrieval on the same level of HD 560s, which I like. Iā€™m concerned about the negative reviews. Resolve called them ā€œlifelessā€ dammit! :smiley:

Does the Panda have batch differences (improvements, tweaks, etc.) between the Indiegogo sets and the ones Drop is selling now? There is someone selling a 3-day used pair in my area he got from Indiegogo. Thought I could save a bit and not wait forever for shipping from Drop.

Trust your ears

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my advice on looking for a review, find reviewers that has the same or similar taste in sound signature and listen to similar music genre to you. Usually that reviewer will be the one that will tell whether you will like the gear or not.

3 Likes

Also an EQ app is coming. But not a normal app. Itā€™s DSP correction, and will be saved in the headphones.

Soā€¦ if you find em lifeless you pretty much can ā€œfixā€ em with that. Well done DSP is the holy grail for some people.

1 Like