Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

I mean, I do have the Liquid plat + Bifrost 2. Pretty sure at the least that should work well provided clears are balanced. Just out of my budget and in that price range I have others in mind for the time being. Whole journey and all that ya know? I still need to take a step up to aeon 2, pick up lcd-x, potentially Focal Elex, listen pro was honestly fun as hell to listen to so I need to grab that one, HD 660S, Bottlehead crack. etc etc.

1 Like

Would not recommend clear and mlp. Lose all the good parts of the clears for the sake of smoothness.

Asgard 3 then should work out…

Prolly. Would recommend intimate clean punchy amp and as neutral dac as possible (any violectric/lake people amp apparently)

Will take that into account for later then.

Clears can be run balanced. See me running with RS-08. They even come with a balanced cable as well as the single ended.

Buy them used. $900 brand new (open box) used via ebay for my clears. Same with my eikons (but they were more beat up).

1 Like

That sounds like the right price to me.

I also agree they are source sensitive. Can’t wait to hear them on some new stuff I have on the way

I think I got a real good deal on them tbqh. I would put them between $1200 and $1600.

Same with the Eikons.

110%

Before I put them up on ebay, would anyone like to buy a jds ol dac(usb) or a jds el dac(gen 1)?

1 Like

Selling RNHP. Really enjoy this amp but made some changes.

2 Likes

Selling an excellent condition HE-4XX and Atom Amp. Honestly still a little conflicted on selling the Atom, but if someone else will make better use of it while I decide what’s best for my setup, I’ll let it go. Feel free to message here or through the Reddit. Can drop the price a bit if bought together.

Wouldn’t it be worth waiting for the new source gear you have coming before selling off the clear just in case it happens to make a big enough difference to convince you otherwise?

Selling my iFi xCAN. Looking for $215 shipped but open to offers. Insane portable amp that is part of my current portable setup, but I’m looking to possibly upgrade. Comes with the original box and all accessories except the velcro straps.
I have confirmed trades on Reddit AV exchange and hardware swap but wanted to post here first. Message me if you have any questions!

Edit: price drop!

4 Likes

You compared the liquid platinum to any Schiit tube set-ups?

No, I have not tried the schiit tubes. Don’t really intend to do so at this point in time.

It’s not my only set of clears :wink:

The Elex is a great match with the LP. @MON recommended that combo to me. It was a little pricey for me at he time, but I went for it and am very happy. I also enjoy the Sundara’s and now the HD660’s on it.

The Violectric is awesome, but VERY expensive. I am really anxious to hear what people think of their new V280’s.

1 Like

curious as to why I hear clears aren’t so great on LP yet elex is.

I have never heard the Clear’s and I am not sure why anyone would say that. Supposedly, they are a better headphone (and they better be at twice the price). You could drop Mon a note and ask him. He doesn’t get back as fast as he used to, but he is still a wealth of information.

And don’t just take one opinion. Look around here and Head-Fi too. There is tons of info around to read up on any amp or headphone.

I would rather not bother him with something I see as relatively trivial. He seems to be really busy anymore.

In this hobby that is probably the last thing you should do imo. Take opinions as subjective get more than one source and make up your own opinion. This hobby is full of disagreements or hearing things differently