Buying iem under 200$

Yeah i had planned originally on getting a higher impedence beyerdynamic, but got the Fidelio and didn’t really have complaints. But an iem like the 770 without the sibilance would be cool.

You might like the KZ ZS10 Pro. But that’s only $50, and I assume you want something of higher quality.

I’m willing to spend close to 200 for the right iem. I’m not against cheaper, but i want higher quality of possible.

But you see, it’s not that easy, because it’s a very subjective matter. One Item sounds flat to one guy and too V shaped to other. Too much subbass, too little subbass, etc. A lot of people like an Iem but one or two reviewers dislike them. It’s happening to me as well and I’ve bought a few already, will sell the ones that don’t love…

@Paul So do you want something V shaped sound wise like the 770? Or something more neutral leaning with good bass? I’ve seen you mention both here so I’m just trying to clarify.

And to make things worse, with the chi-fi avalanche, now there are hundreds to choose from. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The zs10 pro is not at alla recc for those that are treble sensitive. Even I can’t handle them

1 Like

Well then, scratch that one off the list.

Well that’s where my inexperience with terminology kind of let’s me down because i don’t know the best way to describe.
If the 770 weren’t sibilant and sounded more like an open back headphone. Bass isn’t a big concern to me. I want more clear details and bigger soundstage if that makes sense. I like differentiating distance and direction to instruments instead of all smashed together like it’s all one layer. Kind of like a Sennheiser hd 700 maybe. Perhaps those don’t sound like the 770 lol, but an iem that sounds like either.

Hmm…
Do you have any amplifiers or amp/DACs? What’s your current setup?

All i use at the moment is a topping nx1s portable amp. That doesn’t mean i couldn’t get more in the future, but that’s all I’m using now. I’m getting a fiio m6 or hiby r3.

The Etymotic ER4XR are really good neutral, mid detail oriented IEMs with a bit of slight emphasis on bass as well. Although they are out of range I think.

would you all consider the LG V35’s to have a high quality AMP (i have that and its aparently a great DAC so i might want to get some IEMs for the future)

1 Like

It’s high quality for a phone, light on power but good. Sometimes you have to trick it to high impedance mode to get more output tho

2 Likes

I will say the e3000 sound fantastic with the god of war soundtrack I’m listening to. If these had a bigger soundstage, i probably would love it. I’ve been listening to game soundtracks on qobuz and I’m digging the style of music. The orchestrated stuff doesn’t seem to have the mid issue where vocals sound as distant or covered up. If these were just more detailed and bigger soundstage. I’m guessing a warm iem is fairly common for daily use?

Recommend Shozy from 1.4 at $199

A new kid on the hype block maybe?..

2 Likes

There are too many kids already. Maybe we should visit the family planning office, lol. It is getting really hard to follow.

P.D. Saw the video right after the upload.

4 Likes

Yep the iem maternity unit is well busy…mean while the hp unit a Panda’s been born :sleeping: lol.

3 Likes

what IEMs would be useful… especially under 100 (i already have bluetooth headphones for casual listening so i dunno about needing cables that are easy to chew). that work with the amp/dac of a V35 (or just buy a bluetooth DAC)