Buying iem under 200$

@duke86fan The Guideray Gr-i are really good for the price. BGGAR said they are good for just about all music, they weren’t picky. They come with a nice wire, a lot of different tips to try, and fit very nicely. And they look pretty sweet too.

40 dollars at linsoul today

Yeah but that is literally a slow boat from China. M0N said it took a month for him to receive his pair. Better to get them with prime 2 day shipping on Amazon.
Forgot there’s also the Corona thing going on in China too.

Yes, I just use an aux cord and it is good enough for my v20, the full output is too much but 2/3s is great for the P1

I may just get a couple used. I’m finding some decent deals like the kxxs, starfield, p1, tape, oh1

I would say go for the Starfield. It’s getting really good reviews and seems pretty good.

As far as iem tips go, do you generally just get tips that are the size of the driver?

I always just get tips that fit the nozzle. My BLON IEM nozzles are about 4.9mm, so usually 5mm-4.9mm tip openings work for them.
Just use whatever fits the IEMs and your ears best. :wink:

Yeah nozzle is what i meant

So here’s the situation. I found some open box ikko oh1 last night for 80$. I hopped on that, but because i got them so discounted, I’m still looking at another iem. Lots have been suggested on this post thus far, so if i have the oh1, what would be another that doesn’t have the same sound signature? I may as well have a couple i can go back and forth with.
I found some kxxs, p1 and kanas pro for an acceptable price. I don’t know how the shuoer tape and moondrop starfield compare to the oh1 sound wise. From z reviews it sounds like i can’t really go wrong with any of these. They’re probably all upgrades over my e3000. If nothing else, the cables are better lol. I’m really tired of the tiny cable on these final.
I also really appreciate everyone chiming in. I’ve had way more help here than on any other audio forums.

1 Like

As a suggestion the Moondroop Starfield is very well regarded, neutral and balanced, would complement the Oh1, which is more v shaped. And goes for around 100 us. There are a few reviews out there. There’s also the Tin T4 and many others.

2 Likes

The starfield i think has been recommended quite a bit. They must be that amazing. I’m glad they aren’t the same as the oh1. I kind of jumped on those quick.

You got the oh1’s that should cover the metal you listen to…now get a pair of P1’s to cover your classical and jazz listening…these bad boys when driven properly and with tips that fit you are f’ing amazing for their price point :+1:

1 Like

They don’t have a good amp for the P1 though. The P1 need a lot of power.
@Paul I still would recommend the Starfield to compliment the OH1, if you are not planning on getting a powerful enough amplifier for the P1 as well.

I typically travel with two sets of IEMs at a time for different moods/genres (or keep one at work, one at the hotel). When I bring my OH1, I usually ‘pair’ it with the Tin T4, Shuoer Tape or Moondrop Kanas Pro.
Edit: another interesting offset at a reasonable price would be the KBEAR F1, a teeny-tiny single BA unit.

1 Like

How powerful of an amp does the p1 need

It needs a good bit of power to run properly. Not like Argon levels lol, but still a lot.
If you need a portable solution, the Xduuo XD-05 can sometimes be found for $140.
If you want a desktop solution and don’t need portable, a Fiio K5 Pro is a good choice.
But yes, they do need a good amount of juice.

Are the starfields comfortable in the ear?

I’d say average comfort; good shape, small size, average stem length with minimal lip. It doesn’t disappear in your ear or anything, but I can’t recall any discomfort in up to 3 hour sessions with them.

3 Likes

i think i might actually prefer IEMs to over the ear headphones… because they dont warm my ear up as much as these M50s do (IEMs always feel nice and cold in your ear) and even the 20 dollar skullcandy i compared them to sounded brighter and maybe with a bit more clarity than the M50s (much more mid and didn’t feel like it was all bass). i dont really care about soundstage and also just love being able to just lay down and get into a sleeping position and not be nervous about them breaking… its kinda more comfortable for long term listening when im say going out of my room for something