Cambridge Audio Minx XL

Worth checking out for $169

4 Likes

let us know how they sound, i have the minx201 and LOVE it for desktop sub. been eying them as well.

1 Like

cheapaudioman’s review of the speakers is accurate. Good for desktop or small room. Standout is treble then midrange then bass. Bass is neutral so not very warm and they don’t extend too far. I use them in my bedroom EARLY in the morning while I’m getting ready for work. Nice because I don’t want to disturb my neighbors with bass at 3:30am.

2 Likes

I bought 2 pairs of the Minx XLs Have them in my living room and bedroom.
They are awesome.

2 Likes

i also bought a pair. i have them on the top of my speaker pyramid…vintage infinity with elac dbr62’s on top and cambridge minx XL on top of them lol. it works, just switch cables to w/e pair i wanna listen to. the cambridge are a little brighter then i was expecting. not to bad though. and i was highly impressed by the detail of the tweeter. it has better detail then the elac dbr62’s by a smidgen imo. and they do an admirable job in the bass department, but they fall off real real fast.

all and all, i think they are a good value at msrp, let alone half price. for 150$ its a steal really. i have the stack paired with a cambridge audio minx201, that i got used for 150$ with shipping. for 300$ your hard pressed to do better. full range sound for a fraction of the usual cost. and clean. no boom anywhere in the combo. just clean bass, mids and treble.

1 Like

Very clean sounding speakers. While the bass doesn’t extend very far, the roll off is very smooth and satisfying. Great value when on sale.

1 Like