CanJam NYC 2020 Feb 15-16

I think you’ll be happy with any one of those ZMF’s. Those are the three most recommended to me.

1 Like

I think i will like the Verite the most form everything i have read/heard/recommended. Z’s sound demos do not do a good job of representing them but you can get somewhat of a feel for them.

The Aeolus seem like they are just a smidge too laid back for an all around headphone. Resolve gave one of the best descriptions that i somewhat am clinging to. He stated that the Verite is not the best at one thing but it does the rest of the things better than any other headphone. It made all the correct kind of sense to me from my particular wants and needs. Hopefully we will have some insight from M0N when he gets his head under some since he already has the opens. I was offered the ability to go to ZMF directly and try out the headphones in April some time. “I am only 45 minutes from Chicago”. The wait is the killer part. Had to order the Argons and just stop thinking about them.

Verite O LTD Purple Heart with full suede all blacked out and only a Wine [Burgundy] chassis <3<3<3

1 Like

I have a few other things ahead of ZMF in my purchase queue, but hopefully by next year I’ll be ordering a pair. :laughing:

1 Like

what do you currently have in your sights?

I see you have a pair of LCD-X. I was looking into the LCD 2 Classic but ZMF lol.

1 Like

I’m working on a Lawton/Fostex mod (waiting on cups, already ordered), a Schiit Bifrost 2, and possibly another RNHP(I had two but returned one, now I need another), and Focal Clear Pros.

After the above is acquired, a Phonitor XE, and either a Matrix Audio Sabre X-Pro, or a Chord Qutest. Most likely the Matrix.

I forgot, Sennheiser HD-6XX. :grin:

1 Like

Why the Bitfrost 2? Are you planning on pairing it with one of your RNHP’s in balanced. Those Fostex mods get wild and there are sooooo many.

I am more or less stuck on a mobile set up “till i finally move back to Europe in a few months” that’s why i went with the iFi Micro BL. The Tuba is only 7lb so i would be able to reasonably take it with me in my tech bag.

Now that i have the iFi Micro BL and the HD660s with Argons on the way the only thing to get is a ZMF and then the tuba while i wait for the precision listening tool that is ZMF.

This hobby is almost as stressful as a full time drug habit.

1 Like

Haha! It can be.

Yes, the Bifrost will be used in my main setup till I get another dac (Matrix), after which it’ll be moved to my computer setup. Eventually the Bifrost will get a tube amp to compliment the RNHP.

(Computer setup currently has a NAD dac)

1 Like

Bitfrost 2 > RNHP > Tuba = This was something i had been talking to M0N about actually. Then i landed on the iFi Micro BL… With the Tuba being a later purchase. But… the BF2 would make me non portable but also make for a clean stack with an RNHP… I LOVE THIS HOBBY…<3

There are always so many variables in to accommodate for.

1 Like
1 Like

Andrew Park’s ( Resolve Reviews/The Headphone Show) recap of CanJam NYC 2020.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder if anyone has ever accidentally broke something at can jam.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s happened. That must’ve sucked for the vendor.

Well we got our tickets to London Canjam looking forward to listening to the Campfire Solaris, 64 Audio stuff, the A8000?, Duno Luna? etc along with the Chord Hugo2 and the Hugo TT2 and other Dac/Amp loveliness…not too bothered about the headphone side but i’d love a chance to hear the HEDDphone and any of the Abyss models but I doubt i’d be able to afford a Dac and Amp to ever do them guys justice so that’s just a pipe dream lol.

1 Like

For the hedd or Diana v2, I actually think you would be fine with the idsd micro. You could get more from like a Hugo 2, but I think you would actually have a pretty nice experience with them. My v2 preforms admirably off the Black label, and the hedd isn’t that picky (although I hadn’t tried it off the micro)

2 Likes

That’s good to know, I know a good £1-2k dac/amp will be probably be enough to get most out of top’ish tier iem’s??? but a lot of higher tier headphones scale up a lot better when it comes to £5-10k + amp/dacs?..It’s just trying to get the best bang for your buck when you don’t have a gold mine to hand lol.

I would really say the Diana v2 and Hugo 2 would be great value here imo. The hedd I’m not too sure about

That’s true, but it’s not really possible in the portable scene. I would say just stop at like the Hugo 2, wa11 topaz, what have you, as that will get plenty out of your headphones imo

1 Like

I’ve never liked headphones, I much prefer IEMs. If you can get top quality sound of out that money what DAC and AMP would you get around 2k if you’ve got 1 or 2k IEMs

1 Like

Me too as for DAC/AMP then a Hugo2 :+1:

Edit…i’ll get the IEM’s first lol as #MON said the iFi Micro’s no slouch as a IEM DAC/AMP driver.

2 Likes