CanJam NYC 2020 Feb 15-16

Will anyone be attending CanJam NYC this year. I just purchased my ticket and will be booking my hotel and flight later on today or tomorrow. I plan on being there from Feb 14-17.

I may or may not be there, the world will never know

4 Likes

:eyes:
Sentence needed.

We have a limited number of rooms available at a discounted rate of $264/night.

Ha! Heh heh Yeah… No. Will not be attending. My wallet is still trying to recover from my set up re-vamp.

1 Like

Is there a equivalent can jam in LA?

There is the SoCal canjam

https://canjamglobal.com/shows/socal2020/

And a fair amount of other shows too

Gonna do my best to get to this one :+1:

https://canjamglobal.com/shows/london2020/

1 Like

I should be back in Europe by June i might see ya there! This one in NYC will be my first. I have wanted to go for years now. Also, this is the first time i decided to not creep around the forums and actually be a member lol…

2 Likes

I used Expedia and called in my order. I got a hotel about 3 blocks away and the flight with a 4 day 3 night stay for 800$. Some of the other options even the one it is being held at were about 300-500$ more. I can walk to it i mean it is New York.

I think I spent $1200-1500 upgrading my desk setup in my dorm room… I don’t think it can take a weekend trip down from Maine along with a couple nights in NYC.

1 Like

I was dead set on a pair of ZMF Verite or Aeolus but i find i have some hearing/sibilance issues that might come up in either of these lines. So instead of spending 1800$-2700$ on a pair. I wanted to go to CanJam and test out as many headphones as i could to see what the results are. My email is full of nothing but amazon links for purchases and returns :smile: . I kind of want to stop that from happening.

2 Likes

Well… From new monitor, powered monitors, TA-10, XD-05, CPU, GPU, pre-amp, bt5 sender/reciever, a number of cables/adapters, Symbio W eartips, Prota Pros… Sadly shit adds up, and I did not wanna stick with cheap logitech speakers and onboard audio with a portable amp. Shrugs

2 Likes

I was in the same place. I made a post on what did you buy today a week or so ago. Had to revamp my tech bag and went all out. I travel a good bit and needed a powerhouse in a bag.

What Monitor/CPU/GPU did you decide on.

I had a Q5s THX AAA but decided to return it and pick up the BTR5 for portability and get a stand alone desk DAC/AMP.

1 Like

CPU: R5 1600 AE (OC currently 4.1GHz @ ~1.34V)
GPU: RX 570 Red Dragon 4GB
Monitor: Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip

Sometimes I feel M0N is Zeos’ 3rd alias. Since the ‘Zeos’ alias has been exposed so much already. Lol

2 Likes

Overview of CanJam NYC 2020.

Lots of new gear shown.

I’m especially curious about the new Drop/ifi Dac, Drop CAN 6XX. Looks really promising.

1 Like

There ain’t shit in Ohio besides <------ this guy jamming out in his room, lol.

2 Likes

I am so disappointed i had to cancel my trip out to NYC there is so much i wanted to check out. Looks like a good bit of tech is going to leak into the lower market segment. The iFi Dac/Amp stack looks interesting paired with the 6xx. Also the iFi Hip Dac looks like it will be a decent portable options compared to the BTR5 and Q5s.

2 Likes

Ifi is really hitting the lower end market pretty hard. They make generally well regarded products, and their use of Burr Brown chips is relatively unique, and a market differentiator.

Kudos to them.

3 Likes

I own the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label and absolutely adore its versatility and power. My upgrade path was to get a chance and listen to the Verite LTD open/closed before i pull the trigger on a purchase. M0N did suggest a Tuba Amp to pair with the iFi MiDSDBL. I was torn between the Aeolus LTD and the Verite and now with the closed backs being coveted it is becoming harder without a proper audition.

Currently have HD660s - I do really enjoy this sound over the rest of the HD6
Argons on the way :smile:

3 Likes