Canuck Audioholics Anonymous CAA Reviews & Fun Banter

It’s been months since I listened to my set it’s been on tour with the group sorry. I have some warmer sources like the J2 4499 DAC and Shanling M8.

There probably is a better configuration in my video but I don’t remember. Sometimes I don’t get into the nitty gritty about how I got there.

Edit just watched my own video for you.
Looks like I used a 8 core ARTTI Cable in 4.4 because they shipped me a 4 core 3.5 as the stock cable. Cable SPC I believe and some wide bore tips because that’s really all I use. JVC or TRN T tips.

I also burn my sets in for atleast 100 hours especially with Dynamic Drivers

1 Like

Was happy to see your response.
Mine won’t be sold, silly good iem, only more so for the price. Is perfect for movie watching on the ipad, along with outdoor work activities.
Was thinking of ordering a backup…but thanks to TDM the the Pula is on it’s way…so…after that battle maybe?

2 Likes

I realize you directed this at TDM, however, I have great results with the wide bore tips (at least 5mm) but after reading your question I went and tried some tracks with different tips and cables.
Spinfit , final, foams, Acoustune 07’s = NO… Azla crystal, wide, short tips that came with Mele and the 570s = YES.
I settled on the 570’s and cable that came with Butastur, I feel that cable might add a touch of mids energy and punchiness.
As for the metallic treble, I believe it a combination of that slight bump around 7.5 khz and some extra energy in recordings, so I went looking for it.
I listened to Alvin Harts “Treat Her Like A Lady” and it got slightly edgy for me. (usually does) and I can’t help but think this is what you are referring to. Switched over to Bette Lavettes “Political World” … perfect. Narrow tips made all worse, But tapping down 8khz slider slightly… took care of it, in that song.
Wide bore certainly, the depth made a difference as well.

2 Likes

Thanks a zillion I’ll give them another go with wide bore tips

Thank I’ll give wide bore a go and do a bit more cable swapping

Aaaand the Pula PA02 is on its way. The other 1DD 4BA I had was the ISN H50. It had a really creamy dimensional sound that made a lasting impression on me. Sold it because I wanted to fund another purchase.

Pula a very different tuning of course but let’s see how far you can get with this driver config…!

2 Likes

I also like the H570 tips but if you want to tame some upper glare I use JVC FX10 Spiral Dots bought a bunch on sale and they fill my perfectly.

2 Likes

Really good call on the Jvc spiral dots coupled with the cable that came with the OD200 NOW I’m beginning to get it that’s much better cheers always worth asking.

2 Likes

I like it with the Spinfit CP240s with the R1 when I want more isolation - deeper fit and good seal tends to enhance lower frequencies without things sounding blown out. Otherwise, the clear version of the Radius Deep Mounts has been working well with the R1 for me.

3 Likes

You should invest in some mesh filters as well I find they save me sometimes with a IEM that might be too spicy.

Even a low level 200 mesh filter does a great job without altering the tuning too much.

1 Like

Fun with my lite box

7 Likes

So ARTTI R1 with JVX spiral dots, OD200 cable playing Ohio Players on Shanling M6 Ultra from Zero to hero!

I suppose one of the downsides of buying too much gear is I don’t always give every iem an even chance with cable and tip rolling.

I mostly only review iems I like I’ve been brought up with the " if you have nothing good to say don’t say anything"
Recently I’ve slipped into if its just ok/good I don’t review it. I’M Dyslexic so writing reviews takes a big effort. Im starting a YouTube channel to share my thoughts and circumnavigate the writing issue. I will still be writing up gear I think is outstanding but hopefully be giving the aforementioned OK stuff a fair shake. Anyway thanks for the help getting the most from the R1s

5 Likes

Remember that M6U is a really mid forward DAP as well , I really noticed that when I switched to the M8 and compare to the iBasso.

1 Like

Kinera Kinera & Celest Official Audio Club here is my take on this unique set.

A really great set for those looking for something different and more top end energetic without going too far.

:heart: Value equasion top marks
:heart: Not your cookie cutter tuning
:heart: Treble Heads rejoice and Old People :joy:
:heart: Solid but Bass
:heart: Great Mids
:heart: Treble done smoothly and the Micro Planar is brilliantly implemented
:heart: Unboxing and presentation done to Kinera’s incredibly high level or fun and excellence

:thinking: Not for Bassheads
:thinking: Not for treble sensitive people for long sessions

5 Likes

KiwiEars Fortenza Video is live

Was I a fan? … Not so much for me I haven’t listened to a Kiwiears IEM that impressed my even a fraction of what the Cadenza did for me.

I know Kiwiears has a cult following and honestly I am rooting for them as well.

The Fortenza wins and losses.

:heart: Looks and shell off the charts stunning.
:heart: Top marks for something different in tuning wise and presentation

:sob: One of the worst cases of incoherence and implemented drivers Bass…gap…Mids…gap…Treble
:sob: Sub bass is missing information/ energy in lower bass mid bass
:sob: Sounds like a poor quality driver chosen for mids , wrong tone and timbre mids sound wrong, vocals instruments NOPE
Mids sound low res .
:sob: HIGHS are disconnected and you gets spurts of sibilance.

6 Likes

The funny thing is I agree with stock, its very meh to me. Buuuuuuuuuut

Potential is HIGH AF after mods. particularly that bass, oh boy it punches high up in the price range.
(Niche spot though, but anyone looking for a darker set with tight/fast and VERY well textured bass will love it.)

Working on my post on it. Maybe done this weekend.

6 Likes

Nice mod I will look out for your post and try that cheers. Nice share.

3 Likes

New ARTTI in the house.

First listen the R2 going to smash at $50 great case great cable more importantly how many sets do you just stick in your ears no burn in and zone out.

Sweet quality driver, and perfectly timed for western market. Gentle Pina gain and detailed top end but very smooth upper mids and treble.

Winner Winner Chicken Diner!
Every song on first listen is very engaging.

Even better
NO TUNING SWITCHES
NO CHANGEABLE NOZZLES
NO FILTERS NEEDED

4 Likes

Hide yo wallets cause Monk’s gon’ give it to ya!!!

DMX barks

6 Likes

how do you like that blue/purple cable from nicehck? i was eyeing it yesterday and almost bought it.

1 Like