Canuck Audioholics Anonymous CAA Reviews & Fun Banter

Very much the DualGod it’s permanent attached to my Oracle, might have to buy a second one.

Doing a shootout with the 3 most recent Planars I have
KiwiEars Melody
NiceHCK F1 PRO
ARTTI T10

Theese reviews take so much ear time
Listen to the same song 2/3 times for all 3 IEM in a row.

So far I can say the F1 is the most accurate sounding great bass and the least warm of the three. The T10 is warmer less resolving and the best for just chilling the Melody went too far on the warm darker tuning even for me.

The T10 on sale for $55.20 like are you kidding that would be my pick for my preferences.

4 Likes

I thought the T10 had absolutely horrendously cheap build quality, but the sound was surprisingly dynamic, fun and pretty damn resolving.

For $55, it’s a great IEM for that fun, V-shaped style of tuning for sure.

4 Likes

It does look like a wierd old plastic shell yeah. Cable is nice tho.

2 Likes

Something new headed my way. All I can share for now until I confirm a few things.

4 Likes

is that a ciem???

1 Like

Yes it is my first

@ToneDeafMonk Are you able to provide a comparison between the OD200 and Pula 02?

I don’t really think it a fair comparison on

e is a single Dynamic Driver the other a hybrid and both are tuned completely different.

The OD200 is going for a completely different sound and doesn’t have the extension air and seperation the PA02 has nor the more balanced tuning .
Bass Quality is nicer on the PA02 as is everything else IMO the two are not playing in the same league regardless of the price and the Oriveti being more expensive.

I actually was listening to the absolutely wonderful sounding OV700VB last night and actually prefer the tuning of the PA02 over it.

3 Likes

can they do more modest shell? I’m not a fan of the crazy designs on AliX

2 Likes

I asked Original earphones store and answer was no but I heard someone else saying the other store did a custom shell?

1 Like

Tipsy x EPZ Star & ONE the Dark Star in the ears tonight.

A better Q5 ?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtW4WZO

3 Likes

I bought this new EPZ Modular Cable SPC & real Graphene has a beautiful blue tint to it. Crazy soft and well woven.
What suprised me was the quality and weight of the ends are solid.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$109.38 46%OFF | EPZ HIFI Earphone IEM Cable 7N OCC DP13 Single Crystal Copper Silver-Plated Graphene 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Three-In-One 0.78mm 2pin/MMCX
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtagwDA

2 Likes

damn, that is a very nice looking cable.

2 Likes

So many of these cables are fake no Graphene, this one is legit , has some weight to it as well, Very tight braid and solid. I was doing a comparison to the KBEAR CHORD and there is no comparison to this one.

2 Likes

How do you know it’s actually graphene? Jw since you mention a lot are fake

6 Likes

I meant ones that looked the same I have a few and another example is like the Hisenior one , Hisenior came out and said it has no graphene that was solid of them when asked.

I also asked EPZ if there was a cut away picture of the cable because the only way you really know would be to take it apart and they are asking factory. So if I get something back I will share good question :interrobang:

3 Likes

I’m assuming the heavy weight is more a sign of the metals inside or the hardware, because if anything the more graphene is used instead of other materials, the lighter it would be.

I’ve always assumed “graphene” was code for “shiny metallic charcoal finish”, and trust it no more than “carbon fiber” panels on things not just being decals of some kind.

5 Likes

Graphene answer from EPZ

4 Likes

My review of the PENON Quattro

:heart: Magical Musical Mids
:sob: Power Pig
:sob: Source dependant
:sob: Tip dependant
:sob: That MONO non isobaric configuration bass lacks texture
:sob: Mid bass is soft and bleeds into the mids too much
:sob: Treble is not air or enough to get past the bloated bass
:sob: Detail and seperation is not strong on this one.
:sob: Technical details non existent at lower volumes as is dynamics

10 Likes