Canuck Audioholics Anonymous CAA Reviews & Fun Banter

Good job Jason…as usual…

Listen…I have an Aune s17 pro…but was looking to get a desktop/portable…you’ve talked about the merits of the xduoo xd05 pro…seriously contemplating

The s17 is neutral warm with good weight because of its Class A architecture…how would you describe the xd05’s signature

Forget it…found your vid…

1 Like

I have put many hours on it. With the ESS dac and Sparkos 3602 its neural sound signature, very detailed no ESS glare and quite fast for bass.

1 Like

exactly what I’m looking for…plus I wanted something that’s somewhat mobile…thanx

1 Like

Not sure about the mobile part LOL its a brick with a battery!

1 Like

yeah…but it’s more mobile than this… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Did some fun shots with Kilo and now get to chill with two amazing IEM’s

64 Audio Volür deserves a great cable so it’s paired with @ddHiFi Nyx Pro cable and some Penon Tips

Meyer-Audio SLIIVO SLT6 6 BA
Cable is a custom Penon Audio
And using stock red foam tips.

Enjoy your everything as much as I am enjoying mine. Love and :v:

Driven off the Astell&Kern Kann Max.

Yes the APEX and the Hisenior Modules are interchangeable.

6 Likes

I know @ToneDeafMonk liked the Artti R2 and didn’t like the ZiiGaat Cinno. I had exactly the opposite take on them, and I couldn’t get bass out of the R2 without holding them hard into my ears. After giving up on the R2, I tried the Cinno, and it sounded like a bass cannon. That was two days ago.

I didn’t think TDM was that wrong about them, and his audio opinions are usually pretty close to mine, but these two sets got me thinking. Tonight I got got the R2 back out, and it was the nozzle angle. I had to pull the top out while rotating the stem into a steeper angle, and then the bass finally presented correctly. This hobby is fricking weird.

The nozzle on the R2 is the opposite of the Kailua nozzle, which was almost too shallow for me. The R2 is also straight out with not much angle.

Oddly enough after the R2 session, I went back to the Cinno and was really enjoying them. They were far more bassy, even if it is only the impact of the recessed treble.

I was happy to figure out part of this mystery, and now can start looking forward to the bassier sets I have coming over the next week or so ( Hades and DosCinco ). Sadly the Form 1.1 got pushed back again, so who knows when I will get that.

4 Likes

Nozzle angle and how deep it goes or doesn’t makes so much of a difference.
If you ever get to try a plunge Audio universal its you will instantly get it.

If I told you this has crazy Bass you wouldn’t believe me.

3 Likes

See here’s a thing about that: if you just look at a graph normally, it does look like Unity has way less bass

But people describe Unity as more bass than you’d expect, way more forward mids, and very scalable in volume.

So if you turn up the volume to get the ear gain into a more “normal” place for our expectation, you get this

The descriptions we get make way more sense that way, if you ask me

5 Likes

You are correct as well , in the Plungies it mostly because the bass ba are firing into a chamber NO SOUND TUBES and with time alignment and ear gain works differently.

1 Like
4 Likes

While depth might not, if the nozzle angle impacts the ability to get a good seal, then it will make a huge difference in how you perceive the bass.

I would agree that the angle won’t impact your graphs, but the coupler isn’t a human ear, let alone mine.

1 Like

Thats my point if you understand what Plunge Audio did and why the shell has to be made using a nylon powderbed printer to get the shape so the nozzles angles back into your ear canal and how custom form fitted it makes sense once you try one. Quite uniquely different than anything else currently on the market.

Resin printing cant do it and CNC is crazy $$$$

3 Likes

I bought one and now after seeing this hot mess instantly regret it . I mean KZ WTHF is that.

I hope it sounds better than on paper but +18 db ear gain!

2 Likes

Yeah, I bought one too. I sold some stuff so I was like eh why not but like damn, that looks thin, shouty, and airy all at once.

1 Like

Such a cute doggo you’ve got! :blush:

I see no reason why a resin printer can’t do this. There’s nothing prohibitive about the geometry. I’ve used both resin and powderbed printers. I’m sure he has a good reason for using a powderbed printer, but it don’t see why it would be the shape.

Totally agree with the you @GooberBM , much more helpful do do the comparison with them aligned at the ear gain.

2 Likes

I absolutely love this 6BA IEM

Meyer-Audio SLIIVO SLT6

4 Likes

Great review! Really curious to try these out. Wonder how they compare to OH700VB too. Still waiting on my TSMR-X to arrive though, so won’t be shopping for IEMs for at least a few months.

2 Likes

I will a/b the sets for comparison the SLT6 sound damn good though, the OH700VB with bass swich on has the big sub bass

1 Like