Canuck Audioholics Anonymous CAA Reviews & Fun Banter

All we know is its a Single DD + 2 BA
Whould be noce to know if its a different direction in tining would certainly help I agree.

What I do know is this Hiby x FAudio Project Ace made a freaking amazing IEM.

Getting my Twilight back to a/b but this loaner has me entangled in the pure joy of listening to music.

I am simply buying one. Will be the best $250 I am spending this year. I love it that much!

6 Likes

Better than Doscinco? Sorry for that bracket, I figure Doscinco or Cincotres are likely the king depending on your library and tuning preferences. And they have already been on sale for $242 multiple times ( and are currently on Linsoul ).

2 Likes

New stuff this week keeping me busy.

Hiby DAP R4
Cayin DAP N3 Ultra

Hiby Project Ace
DITA Project M
KZ ZX Pro 2

Incoming
Shanling M5 Ultra
Sanling ME600
Elysium Acoustics Pilgrim

Good times

9 Likes

It’s an actual credit to you that you’re not jaded, with all the gear you get to go through

7 Likes

This! Monk has awesome excitement! :heart:

4 Likes

Nice haul! Would be awesome if you did a big DAP roundup. I’ve had the ibasso dx170 and the hiby r6 pro 2 and found them to sound ok but couldn’t end up keeping either of them.

I’d love to find a DAP that gives some special sauce to IEMs that doesn’t break the bank.

Right now I’m using the cayin ru7, it sounds good and my phone (S22U) has better screen and usability than the daps I’ve tried.

2 Likes

I second this. I only have the FiiO M11+ and am looking at upgrading my DAP. Im looking for suggestions…

1 Like

I will be doing 3 reviews soon

Post in thread ‘Cayin N3Ultra: an Entry-level Portable DAP that Delivers a Complete Vacuum Tube Audio Experience’ Cayin N3Ultra: an Entry-level Portable DAP that Delivers a Complete Vacuum Tube Audio Experience | Page 33 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

HIBY-R4
Cayin N3 Ultra
Shanling M5 Ultra

4 Likes

Hiby R6III is regularly discounted and sells for 399 and will sound as you want to it to sound.

MSEB is a mighty feature and will work systemwide, as well as the audio plugins and the PEQ

Hiby is really killing it with the software!

r6-2020-mseb

Also it´s running Android 13 and got a fast Processor.

Probably the best bang for buck when it comes to DAPs (not the best screen though)

I´m pretty sure the new R4 will be just as good

3 Likes

R4 has a worse screen and sounds more laid back vs the R6 iii was cleaner , also has line outs. The R4 is really stripped down and having not used the M300 I can’t really say if its worth the extra $50

I think the R4 will appeal for its bold looks and funky different look. Because the spund is more laid back probably be a good choice for the millions of V shaped ChiFi IEM’s out there.

Thanks for that early impression! :slight_smile:

I started using R6III as desktop solution lately as i enjoy it more than FiiO K7. Battery bypass is a nice feature!

1 Like

The M5 ultra looks like it could have some potential. When are you getting that one?

Should be shipping soon waiting for next batch to be manufactured I guess the Silver one was popular with dealers.

1 Like

You married the lady selling walkmans… A true audiophile!

2 Likes

Yeah how how did you know that?

He’s replying to a Feb 2023 post where you mention it

3 Likes

:laughing: (10 char)

Its true tho LOL,

thats why I get a hall pass sometimes when I overspend as my Wife knows she married a audio nerd.

6 Likes

She’s a definite keeper! :slight_smile:

2 Likes