Canuck Audioholics Anonymous CAA Reviews & Fun Banter

HiFiGo is going IN on sending out review units of this set, huh? Jesus Christ. I’m seeing it EVERYWHERE on my FB.

7 Likes

Time to stand on business, I guess

1 Like

One has a cheap driver the other not a cheap driver and there is a massive difference is SQ , texture , micro details. The Himalaya is 17 levels higher than the Rosefinch.

2 Likes

How do you know that?

They sure dont look that different to me and everyone knows that DDs are dirt cheap anyway.

3 Likes

I used my ears but of course your right as usual Riku

1 Like

Like I say consistently: Oriolus Isabellae has better 3D soundstage and a little bit better dynamics than modded Rosefinch. Rosefinch is a flatter sound overall. But the tonality and timbre are so close that I would take Rosefinch and get something else with the Isabellae funds.

Which one is better? Probably Himalaya. Which one would I get? Like 2-4 Rosefinch that I mod different ways.

Also, as always, it’s for the banter lol

5 Likes

I really disliked Rosefinch when I tried it. And I tend to like V shape sound

2 Likes

Same it sounded like a cheap IEM to me.

1 Like

4 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

You can walk on fire with this Pilgrimage :fire:

Pros:

• $399 Experience for this price I give top marks for its tuning, build quality and sound performance.

-Bass is standout textured punchy & clean ,goes crazy low and maintains a perfect balance of decay and musicality.

• The Sonion 2300 series BA used for the Mids have just like the rest of the tuning, have a pitch perfect tonality and timbre ultra uncolored and musical at the same time. Definitely not a boring set the Pilgrim engages you with sweet vocals and perfectly accurate instrumental playback.

• Upper Mids and Highs are very well done with the use of very high quality Sonion Balanced Armature Drivers were a perfect choice and tuned to get the absolute most out of the details in the music and give you a realistic sense of a full 10hz - 20kHz experience.

• The Pilgrim plays back music like so few rarely do. This set sets up the stage like you are either in the audience, behind the band backstage or behind the glass in the studio. Projecting vocals and instrumental within thier own space and at various heights and depth well well done and a wonderful experience.
    Pentaconn Ear I love this proprietary connection, this makes the ultimate termination with strong signal pass through but also fit and wearing experience second to none!

• Provided case and cable all premium and feels premium adding to the overall wonderful unboxing experience that shames much higher end offerings.
    Back to the sound I love how the Pilgrim offers you a clean and balanced tuning offering exceptional clarity and resolution, while also giving you a fun and engaging listen to whatever music your mood is flowing into you the Pilgrim can deliver the emotion out to your ears.

Cons:
-The Pilgrim’s shorter nozzles will play a big part of your experience if you can’t get a good seal or deeper insertion. Use a O ring to help extend your favorite eartips.

• The SPC might be too bright for some depending on your source and eartips and of course your tuning preference.
    Use of a pure OFCC cable mellows the upper mids and treble just a smidge. BUT because of the use of Pentacomm Ear terminations, cable swapping won’t be a easy as the most common 0.78mm 2 pin terminations.

Last night I uploaded the Elysian Acoustic Labs Pilgrim video and today let’s list what I found so endearing about this IEM.

This IEM was definitely worth the heat I got from my Loving and somewhat understanding wife.

I bought my unit from HiFiGo without prior approval. As they say better to beg forgivness than ask permission!

The hype was real.

If this is a taste of Elysian Acoustical Labs House Sound then count me a FANBOY.

So much to love but also a few things to keep in mind.

Cable is proprietary Pentaconn Ear terminations, While I love it personally it makes cable swapping hard unless your willing to buy a few more with these ends.

Thoose who have shared impressions stating poor bass response and thin mids and peaky treble probably have poor fitment with the shorter nozzles and should look to doing the simple O ring mod the help extend the length of your favorite eartips to get a good seal and insertion depth.

This is of paramount importance and cant be stated with enough importance. doing the eartip mod might sculpt your overall experience with the Pilgrim
from a mundane one to a exceptional Symphony.

4 Likes

Here is my thoughts and experiences with this DAP. Like I said I have a love hate relationship with this player.

Love the sound even though its not what I was expecting, but the user interface really does fall way behind in comparison to every other player I own or have tested.

Overall experience leaves you wondering what Cayin was thinking on pushing out this release half baked.

2 Likes

Short nozzle on an IEM at this price is pretty bug con imo since it will affect sound and fit and comfort.

Not really use a longer tip or use the O ring trick should be a non issue for most people’s ear anatomy.

Its not like they are super short.

I brought it people’s attention for due diligence.

DUNU S&S tips also work like a charm.

1 Like

If your ears anatomy can handle the S&S tips. Mine is not. Tried the small ones on both ears, but my right ear didn’t get a good seal, so went with small-medium mix for left-right. After half an hour I felt like the S&S medium is a bit large because earpain started. So, S&S is a nogo for me as it seems.

1 Like

For me i just use the O ring trick and some Penon Laquer tips . I find they are sticky enough for a great seal, bass is amazing.

I tried the o-ring method with S&S, but it didn’t seal still, and cannot push it deeper without feel it uncomfortably, so it seems I have shallow ear canals.

2 Likes

I dont think the S&S need that trick but shorter stem Eartips like the Penon or Azla is where i found that usefull.

Then it seems like S&S is not for me :thinking: