Canuck Audioholics Anonymous CAA Reviews & Fun Banter

Yup thats what I am listening too.
Detailed and sparkley top end neutral mids, punchy bass.

If my A&K Kann Max had a baby with the Cayin N3Ultra the DX180 would be it.

Great clean uncolored mids no forwardness like Hiby Daps it has a really nice sound signature.

Digital filters actually make a difference

1 Like

Good luck Oilers!

3 Likes

Amen. Rabid Oilersā€™ fan here in upstate N.Y. since 1982, when I jumped on the Gretzky train and never hopped off. I watch 65-70 regular-season games per season in full, watching extended highlights of all others.

Last night was tough. Outplayed Florida, but Bobrovsky is a such a wall. Plus the Oilers were soft and sloppy in nearly every 50/50 puck battle along the wall.

Deep breaths ā€¦ only one game. Only one game.

2 Likes

Yeah ageed the Oilers need to find a way past the goal posts down low Bobrovsky is outstanding up high might be the path to sucsess that was alot of shots with nothing going in.

2 Likes

You just named two of my favorites. I almost never EQ.

1 Like

I want to Thank Simgot for the opportunity for Canucks Audioholics Review Group to listen to your creation.

While I am not a true Harmon Tuned fan there is a reason why many are.

Simgot EM10

Things I liked
:grinning: Amazing Lush female vocals
:grinning: Smoothest top end from any Simgot to date
:grinning: Sub bass from a very capable dynamic driver will have you booming out
:grinning: Takes a EQ like a champ
:grinning: Beautiful shells with cool contrasting black and white theme
:grinning: Modular cable with both 3.5 SE and 4.4 bal is a nice touch.
:grinning: Harmon Tuning done to perfection

Things that could need improved upon: Subjective
:face_with_peeking_eye: Bass lacks impact from scooped mid bass
:thinking: Male vocals sound thin and instrumental like Cello , Kicks, Piano and 6 strings all missing note weight and correct tonality
:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: Mids lack body and note definition
:zipper_mouth_face: Boosted Upper mids and lower treble has tonnes of energy boosting elevating vocals and presenting a forward presentation that might not be for everyone
:face_with_peeking_eye: Modular cable comes apart too easily

6 Likes

It doesnā€™t seem especially mid bass scooped from the graph, but that is just the graph. So thanks for the notes. Note weight is pretty essential to me.

2 Likes

This saved me some coin. I was excited about the EM10 but honestly I got enough Harman sets and not hungry for more, also a lot of the (subjective) negatives are things I care about. Thanks for the review Monk, very very helpful.

3 Likes

This honestly begs the question; why would one spend the extra cash on the EM10 when the Supermix 4 exists? I feel like theyā€™re so close to one another when it comes to tuning philosophy.

4 Likes

And why would Simgot make two the same tuning a social experiment? I just think the EM10 is thier ideal tuning preference?

I have given much feedback to them but they are determined to stay the Harmon course.

2 Likes

I think after the SM4 and the EM10, itā€™d be very smart to diverge and start creating some different tunings. Harman in ear is a great target when itā€™s done well, but weā€™ve seen it done well many many times now. Iā€™d love to see them put their fantastic tuning skills and hardware to use for a bass head set next.

8 Likes

They did this before with the EN1000 being followed by EA500. Iā€™ll stand on business that EN1000 was a better IEM but I couldnā€™t argue a value position when EA500 existed

4 Likes

hmm, wonder if they are scared that going with something more different would lead to less salesā€¦since iirc their older stuff is pretty different and they werent anything special (or at least didnt stand out as much as they are now)ā€¦

2 Likes

The Clash had a great song off their debut album called ā€œIā€™m So Bored with the U.S.A.ā€

This audiophile would rewrite it in 2024 and call it ā€œIā€™m So Bored with the Harman Curve.ā€

Sing after me, boys: ā€œIā€™m so booooored ā€¦ with the Harman Curve. So what can I do?ā€

7 Likes

I was supprised on the comments on my video how many people actually like Harman and are going to buy the EM10 because of that.

You can explain it to people some get it most dont.

But why would you buy the EM10 for $440 if they tuned the SM4 the same for 1/3 the cost?

5 Likes

This ā€¦ I might buy the sm4, but not the em10.

I say this while grooving on the Aful Explorer, which is probably more my thing than either.

5 Likes

@ToneDeafMonk or for any other Canadian. If youā€™ve ever purchased a (used or new) 64 Audio, Empire Ears, or Campfire gear was it taxed or not? Iā€™m asking because if theyā€™re made in the US, it shouldnā€™t get taxed. Iā€™m interested in buying something from one of those supposed made in usa items.

1 Like

The person to ask is @KrustyolBastid
I will ask him to chime in. He has bought them all.

1 Like

Campfire I bought from Canadian distributor and paid tax.
Empire Ears I bought from MusicTeck, donā€™t get charged tax, but hit and miss on brokerage and duties charges.
64Audio direct, no tax, but pay an arm and a leg for shipping, but never got hit with brokerage or duties. I assume they pay upfront via the shipping cost.

Edit Shipping via CanPost with MusicTeck is best to avoid brokerage and duties.
They donā€™t offer usps/CanPost on the website, you have to contact Andrew and request.

4 Likes

Sorry, I didnā€™t mean tax free but duties/tariff free as far as importing items coming from the USA and it being made in the USA.