Canuck Audioholics Anonymous CAA Reviews & Fun Banter

I think its McJesus’s year. Oil looks pretty good.

1 Like

Four wins away for this Oilers’ fan of 42 years in upstate New York. Hopped on the Gretzky train in 1982 and never left.

Watch 65-70 regular-season games per season, highlights of all others. All playoff games. To say I’m rabid is an insult to foaming creatures.

LET’S GO OILERS!

2 Likes

And better yet for you Canadians in here, there is no more CANADIAN team in the league than the Oilers.

Twenty of the 24 players on their playoff roster are Canadian. Only exceptions are Ryan (USA), Draisaitl (Germany), and Ekholm and Janmark (Sweden).

CANADA’s TEAM. LET’S GO OILERS!

2 Likes

Kotori Audio
Vampire this one won’t drain your blood but more like fill your soul:

A Boutique Singaporean Brand

:grin: A classic rock king
:grin: Beautifully rendered mids
:grin: $99 for such a unique and beautiful IEM that looks and sounds stunning
:grin: Bass is Quality over Quantity with this single Knowles BA and does surprisingly competent output
:grin: A mid centric vocals lovers dream
:grin: A unconventional NON HARMAN tuning that is refreshing and lively
:grin: Likes warmer sources
:grin: Beautiful Cable

:thinking: Not a high volume set the BA will bag out at high volumes and with a large bass input - not a set for RAP, but yes to Rock, Bass and classical music
:thinking: 50 ohm impedance will effect the tuning on some gear mostly in a good way.
:thinking: Cable comes only in 3.5 SE
:thinking: Non vented shells will require you to use pressure relieving tips like foam or Tanzu Sanchi tips at the sacrifice of some bass if ypu are sensitive to pressure build up.

Thanks so much Kotori Audio for the unit I am very mush enjoying this IEM and looking forward to ypur continued success and bright future!

1 Like

Monk:

Thanks for the information.

How would you compare the Vampire to the other single-BA wonder, the Aful MagicOne?

1 Like

I never tried that one

1 Like

New Juzear 61t coming

New 10mm CNT Driver Rubber Surround

4 custom BA Highs
2 Knowles BA Mids
Hitting later this month

Price $ ?

6 Likes

Nice face plate. Interesting that they did custom and knowles BAs. I’ll be waiting for reviews.

3 Likes

Alot of brands are using Custom now it could mean a customized Sonion, or Knowles but more than likely a Bellsing BA as they are getting very good.

If anyone needs more proof these are coming out of the same factory as DULU the case looks like a DUNU case and the eartips look like the candy eartips.

Nobody is saying bad things about the DaVinci and I am pretty sure they are custom as well. I dont think it really matters as much now as it did maybe justa year ago.

3 Likes

Little too much on the Faceplate design imo but that graph is looking tasty. Seems to have a similar tuning philosophy as the 41T which I love.

Looking forward to this one if it’s going to be around $200.

3 Likes

I’m currently testing the Da Vinci and while I think it’s a fine set, I can confidently say that the treble timbre/upper mids timbre isn’t my favorite. Whether that’s due to the custom BAs or just the tuning, it’s definitely there.

7 Likes

I believe you on this , I think dunu does overdampen the top end on thier sets so maybe the case on this set as well.

Mine should be here soon.

I have been listening to the EM10 and can definitely say this tuning is not for me , Super Harman and forward vocals wont let me get past 5 on the Volume dial.

On PEQ to my target curve they are bangers but i would never buy a set I had to EQ to enjoy.

5 Likes

I’ll look forward to your impressions on it. I’ve been reading some totally conflicting opinions on the Da Vincis online and I’m a little confused. I read earlier on FB some dude said that they have a dip in the mid bass/lower mids… absolutely no shot this is the case lol

2 Likes

Your right some have said it’s sub bases focused and the mid bass is pillowy? Maybe mine will get here in the next few days!

2 Likes

Kinda like a few people said the Medusa has tight fast bass and I was like NO WAY this is boomy slow as F bass without texture!

1 Like

iBasso DX180 showed up today green looks stunning and plays tricks with the light sometimes looks Blue Sometimes Light Green

9 Likes

This describes almost every set ever for me…except …get this… Artti R1 and Doscinco.
Davincis tuning is right in my wheelhouse as well…

4 Likes

Listening tonight to the wonderfull Elysian Acoustic Labs Pilgrim
Probable my favorite set this year!

If you missed my vid it is here:

Hit up HiFi Go for a set I bought mine from them :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Monk, early teasers of the Ibasso dx180x?

1 Like