Casual / first timer looking at Schiit amp or amp/dac stack with PC

Nice, should be great, will be curious on your thoughts :+1:

Makes sense to me

So good news and bad news.

Good news - Schiit stack came and it was definitely powerful enough. At high gain around 12-1 oclock with source at max it was definitely loud enough. Somehow the sound was a lot clearer and more detailed. (maybe it was just me). With the HD439’s it seems like it brightened up the trebble a lot and killed off what little bass the 439’s produced.

Bad news - I couldn’t stand the fit of the Tygr’s I spent a few days with them and after 1-2 hours I had to repeatedly adjust the headphones. My ears at the top and bottom were getting red and sore. My ears were squished inside the headphone and the bottom and top were also touching the driver pads. Ultimately I am returning them in and most likely will never be able to have proper set of Beyers in my future.

I was originally looking at the Edition XS however the quality control seems to have put me off. Since comfort was my main concern I ended up pulling the trigger on a set of DCA aeon open X’s

Are there any other recommendations in terms of headphones for extremely large ears? I had my wife measure my ear (She gave me the weirdest looks), and my ears are 3" tall by about 1.5" wide and protrude about 3/4".

:+1:

Better amps really can help the sound quality for sure

I would say wait a bit for the pads to wear in and soften as they are pretty stiff out of the box, but if there’s just not enough space in the cup then beyers likely won’t work out regardless of pad wear

In terms of size that would likely be just fine for both, nice pickup on the aeon, will be curious on your thoughts of it

To be honest I don’t really take note of sizing or anything like that so I can’t really give any suggestions based of sizing, but for me I think the egg shape hifiman are great for larger ears, potentially like an akg k712 perhaps some of the audeze?