Chi Fi Needs to step up thier QC

I knew there have been QC issues with Chi Fi IEMs, but I didn’t realize how bad it was, especially with set variations. You can’t blame a reviewer either when they get a fantastic set, yet all the other sets are never checked and just pushed out the door.

I’m sure this was a painful video for Chris to make but props to him for being completely honest about the issues.

IEM lovers, beware Chi Fi.

2 Likes

Wait chinese companys have qc ?

2 Likes

Yes, obviously…

China is the leader of audio playback products. ESS, Topping, SMSL, Aune, Campfire, etc.

Just because some cheap iems have qc doesn’t mean that the whole chifi is garbage.

What country could reach China? US? Japan?

Campfire is an American company, no? They’re based out of Portland, Oregon

2 Likes

Oops. My bad.

That’s the worst thing about chi-fi,Youre gambling with the odds whether or not your receiving a quality item. I’ve been purchasing cables,iems, DAPS (Chifi)for years and QC or lack there of is the Achilles heel of chi-fi products.

Any product, Chi Fi or not can have QC issues unfortunately, but you’re right… You’re probably taking a bigger gamble on a Chi Fi product than a more well known tried and true company. Fortunately, I’ve been quite lucky and happy with my ChiFi purchases.

I had a buddy about to pull the trigger on some L3s and I told him to hold off for a sec, pisses me off since this was gonna be one of his starts etc. :frowning: I’ll have,to talk it,over with him to make sure he’s cool with the risk etc.

This guy had a total of 3 different variations with moondrop starfields. Starts talking about it at 0:20.

I definitely appreciate this video on a deep level. Chris is right! There’s wiggle room for quality but we (Consumers) shouldn’t be gambling on receiving a completely different sound signature. Hard Earned money spent on an IEM (regardless of low prices) should be spent with confidence that the consumer will receive what was advertised.

4 Likes