šŸ”· Chord Mojo

at all those grousing about the price, increases suck, but Chord is probably adjusting to the new reality and lack of silicon and that gets passed on to us, the consumer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They are the same output and also work together. So for sharing headphones for example

2 Likes

Yes, I read about Robā€™s views on Balanced. Iā€™m not some one who cares wether itā€™s Balanced or not either, just would have liked to see other use for that slot. Maybe a line out or maybe scrap it all togeather and add bluetooth funtinality in itā€™s place.

I had the Mojo and micro iDSD Signature. Preferred the Signature more. Weā€™ll see how much Mojo 2 improved over itā€™s predecessor. I could not find the price for it (in my country) yesterday, today I see a place listing the Mojo 2 and the price is not bad, less than the Gryphon. I might give it a try.

Like @juliangst said, itā€™s to support two different headphones with no way to individually adjust the volume.

2 Likes

So I have a RaspberryPi with an Allo Digione hat. That is connected via optical to a Khadas Tone Board. see pic

I just picked up an OG Chord Mojo and was wondering what cable I need to go optical out on the Allo Digione to the Toslink on the Mojo? Is this possible and/or what is the best solution in and then RCA outputs to my Fisher integrated?

Thanks in advance

I see a few Mojo (1) being sold with the release of Mojo2 - would it still be a great purchase in 2022?

Id say definitely yes. I just picked one up used for a 300 and its best 300 Ive spent I think in a few years. The sound and layering and just overall tone of everything is so much better than what I previously had. I was using an Allo Boss2 which replaced a Bluesound Node 2i and this via USB to my Hifi setup 1 is major improvement. I may pick up an allo or Hifiberry digi and play with testing coax and optical but I must say running it off USB and a 15 foot USB sounds divine.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at getting a Mojo. Considering their used price (Ā£180), is there anything else worth considering for similar money, new or used? Iā€™m keen on good staging and instrument separation. I prefer a very natural presentation, but have had issues with the RU6 I boughtā€¦ Plus, Iā€™ll be looking to drive Aeon X.

For aeons you need more power. Iā€˜m driving my Aeon Noire with a Topping NX7 (1.2W power) and have to turn it up to 3 o clock on more quiet tracks.
At 13 Ohms all Aeons need a lot of current.

The Chord is outdated and who knows how good battery life is on such an old device.
If you want a good all in one device with a lot of power, excellent separation and tonality get the topping G5 (thatā€™s the DAC Amp version of my NX7 which is only an amp)

1 Like

Hey guys,
Have any of you ever experienced issues with your Mojoā€™s sound jumping when used on a Macbook? Mine works great on my phone, but when I plug it into the Mac the sound randomly breaks up (sometimes it will work for a couple of seconds then quickly drop and restart again, sometimes it drops several times in the span of a few seconds.)
Anyone had the same thing and found a fix?

ETA: Using the same cable on the phone and the laptop, tried different apps on the laptop, and tried music on the laptop without the Mojo. The problem is definitely the combination of Mojo and Macbook.

Sounds like a driver issue to me. Have you tried this (about halfway down)?

Thank you! I went into the Midi options as recommended (sadly no drivers for the Mac) and that didnā€™t fix it, but it gave me a clue: the drops in sound seem to be due to the bitrate randomly changing then changing back again (the on button on the Mojo changes colour as well). Not sure how to fix that :frowning:

Oh, OK thatā€™s what you meant by signal drops. Fwiw my Hugo 2 frequently misses the first split second of a new track with a new sampling rate too. One way around it is to use the OSā€™s audio mixer and have it resample everything to the same sampling rate. There is a small but often perceptible loss in sound quality in doing so. For background listening while working thatā€™s normally a reasonable tradeoff. As gear quality scales up it becomes more noticeable for critical listening. You phone is likely doing this and thatā€™s why you didnā€™t hear it there.

IIRC some dedicated music apps like Audirvana have the option of sending out a blank sample at the same sample rate as the upcoming track to help the DAC lock in before the track starts.

Those are my suggestions. Good luck.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think my problem is a bit different: the sampling rate ā€œbreaksā€ regularly during one same track, at random intervals (sometimes it can go a few seconds without breaking, sometimes it can do that back and forth bitrate switching several times over the course of a few seconds.)

Thank you very much for your advice anyhow! Iā€™ll keep exploring and hope a Mac update comes out that fixes this (itā€™s clearly something to do with the computer, since the phone is completely fine :confused: Also tried it on my partnerā€™s laptop and it works fine there too.)

1 Like