Chord Qtest fix

For nearly a year I am using the Chord Qtest, and white every review was on point (minus Zeos’s review and I’ll explain why), the enjoyment of music is not there. Imagine a English butler who comes to you and in an always calm and polite tone will explain you in great detail a very dramatic scene. It just sucks out all emotions out of music. I did try the New iDSD and while it can’t compete in many areas with Qtest, the sound was far more fuller and satisfying.
So my question is if anyone manage to fix the Qtest and if so, what PSU did you use?

I’ve not experienced the Qtest but ultimately it’ll come down to your chain and it’s synergy…what are you using it for, a speaker system, HP/IEM set up? and what source and most importantly what amp are you pairing it with?..for folks who have herd the Qtest these will be imperative to advise you further…oh and what is your preferred sound signature and the genres of music you enjoy as this will help too :+1:

I am a headphoe user and I use Volumio based source from Pro-Ject - S2 Ultra , Geshelly Archel pre-amp → RebelAmp, or WA 6- SE. Also tried the Emotiva Base X 100 but without good results. I am not sure it is the chain, since what I am hearing is the same thing GoldenSound described in his review and he was using an AHB2 power amp with Arya. I know that when power is lacking the first thing to suffer is base extension, so I want to ask if a far better PSU will fix the DAC.

Ok gotcha maybe @WaveTheory or @M0N could give you their thoughts on this?..both have experience with Chord synergy and or PSU’s :+1:

Its the signature of all Chord dacs (i have a 2qute) due to the fpga implementation.
You might be better off with an r2r dac?
I use an mcru psu with my 2qute and whilst its an improvement i doubt it will give you what you’re after

thank you. So I need to move my DAC upgrade higher on the priority. At least now and not waste more money on this. :+1: