Closed Back for Movies / Youtube / Twitch

Any suggestion on Budget closed back headphones (just some isolation) for movies and YouTube /Twitch videos, keep in mind my ears are very sensitive to high pitch sound, very piercing to me.
i’m using an ifi zen dac v2

Budget 250 Euros or less

@Hyper Just recently got the Etymotic er2 se iems for that purpose. Great isolation and very clear sound, without harsh highs, tho I would get the xr version for better low end.
Only prob. is they require a deep fit and some hate that.
I’m interested to see responses here, as I am considering an over ear closed
back too. Possibly the AKG 371 (or 361) though I don’t know how good the isolation is.

1 Like

Same here, was thinking either the AKG 371/361 or the Shure SRH840

Local Guitar Center carries the AKGs so I may give them a try.
Edit…they have the 840 too. Hmmm.

feedback would be greatly appreciated lol

1 Like

Hifiman he-R7DX anywhere from $99-$149

371 seems tough to argue with.

That was my first choice, can’t get it in Europe sadly

so far that’s the best i can get under 250 Euros for what i need, is it harsh btw or fatiguing ? sometime i’ll have my headphones on for hours

DT 700 Pro X is an option likely at the upper-end - emphasizing build and perhaps on-head comfort.
I think the tuning of that one is probably safe for you, whereas I’d steer away from 770 given what you’ve said.

Emphasizing tuning for this more casual/general use, and I’m assuming affordably priced in Europe, the K371 seems a good fit. You’ve mentioned what sounds like treble fatigue, but you don’t describe any of your direct experiences so you can get better advice.

Did you end up trying them ?

did own a dt 770 that i used for gaming, but found it a little fatiguing doing anything else, i hearted that the pro version is not that different , just a little more balanced.

anything that could be fatiguing after 2 or more hours is no go for me something not too many if not any annoying peaks

Local GC didn’t have the 840 in stock, but I did ck out the 371. The build is better
than the 361 and visually looks nice. Padding better than I expected on both
the headband and cups. Cups are oval and a bit small, tho fit me ok. Isolation was ok, but not perfect with glasses on. I was limited in the store to using only my phone and have not tried at home on gear there. imo sound was quite decent (there are other reviews of it). Mid range vocal clarity was good enough but not as forward or clear as my KSC 75 or Sundara (which are open back of course and not good for our purpose here.) I think they would sound much better given more power than my phone provides, tho they are quite easy to drive. Definitely better overall than the 361 but $50 more. I’m holding off on a decision for now, but for $155 I would buy and try them at home as well as cking others.

Ordered both, found the 840 a little too fatiguing so i’m sending them back, i’ll give the 371 a little more time, also i think i’ll try the RØDE NTH-100 if i don’t like the AKG

1 Like

Chose the RØDE NTH-100 more comfortable for me than the 371 that sounded a little better and isolated better, the confort for what i needed outweighs the sound quality and the isolation.

Ok isolation good sounding very smooth but not exciting and very well built.

1 Like

@Hyper So you went with the new kid on the block, eh? Thanks for the follow up. Hope they work out well for you.

tried all 3, it come to just confort for this use case

1 Like