Closed backs that don't leak sound

I’ve been taking to listening to music in bed before going to sleep. What are some favorites for isolation under 500? Under 1000? My wife can hear my XM3s no problem. If the only real answer is IEMs, I’ll probably bite the bullet for some airpod pros despite being an Android guy. Not sure what sort of sound I want, so a few options to think about would be welcome!

I don’t have the experience a lot of others here have, but I can chime in a wee bit - my current daily drivers are a pair of Focal Elegia which should run you right between 350-400 ish on Adorama, and they isolate leagues better than the Audiotechnica ATH M40x they replaced, but they aren’t perfect, and when playing at higher volumes there is still some bleed.

My wife listens to IEMs, and runs a pair of Olinas, and I can sometimes hear some leakage, but that’s only rarely.

You could run a pair of IEMs under a pair of hearing protective earmuffs like shooters use, that would be pretty much perfect isolation.

1 Like

Sorry man, you have to learn listening in a very low volume or stop headphones and steer to Etymotic iems for ensure (almost) nothing gets in or out.

AFAIK there is nothing like a vacoom fit for a headphone to completely block the noise out

1 Like

yeah depending how loud you listen everything will leak noise at some point lol, most closed HP’s have pretty thin shells to reduce weight which in turn makes them leak more easily

Bite the bullet and get sont XM4 iems or fiio utws with whatever iem you want.

Your Sony’s you have now are known to seal very well and short of something heavy duty like a LCD2CB I don’t think you’ll ever find something that blocks all out going noise. BTW I don’t think the LCD2CB would even work in a quiet bedroom.

1 Like