Closed headphones for SMSL SU-8 + SP200 stack

I really like mine, very detailed and refined sounding for a closed back. If you get a good seal they have enough bass for my tastes. They isolate decently well too. For comfort it took me a week to really get used to the focal headband and cups, but once the pads got softer they are pretty comfy

Take a look at ollo headphones they have a closed back and if u don’t like them there is a return policy. The kennerton magni might also be interesting but a bit off price, although they do have sales often.

By seal you mean? Custom pads?

Nope stock ones. I mean if you wear glasses you might loose some bass response, if you have something that messes with the seal on the pads it can affect the bass response (although this is the case with most headphones)

Ah OK. Well I don’t have glasses so there should be no problems there.

I vote for the elegia and kennerton magni. the magni is just raved about. the fostex ebony is also great, cheaper, but you can only get it used. its leather pads so it should clean well

So, after some more review watching I’ve bought the Focal Elegia. :slight_smile: For ~700 €, new.
Can’t wait how it all sounds when it comes together. Probably going to re-discover my music collection.
I’ve gone from atrocious integrated mainboard audio + ~70 € headphones to (currently) a ~200 € setup including headphones and will now advance to a ~1200 € setup.

1 Like

I hope you enjoy them, they are pretty sweet :+1:

I bought a set of demo Fostex TH-610’s and they were first pair to make me love this amp. What a great combo. Thundering bass, but it’s not a warm amp creating it or highlighting it. It is just the 610’s doing what they do. Very clear and the drums sound glorious. The bass and vocals grabed me so hard I used this combo for like 11 (12?) days straight. And I NEVER stay with one headphone more than a week. A lot of fun.